Suggestion for ncl!!!

DMLyons

In looking at the bon voyage choices, I see a hole you should fill. You need a few choices for bucket of beer (based on cost, of course) to be delivered to room at departure...I'd suggest listing all the different beer choices for each price level of bucket and letting people choose the beer in the comments section on the bon voyage form. You have a ton of wine/champagne/sparkling juice and food choices, but a lot of people drink beer. I'd love to be able to pre-order that as bon voyage when I sail with my husband or when beer-drinking friends sail without us.

It seems the only way to do this now is for guests who are in concierge suites, but others would certainly like to do it as well.

Thanks for considering it.

DML

why cant one just buy drink coupons and have them delivered to the room. One is never far from a bar on the ship and any beer you want can be purchased.

Which would work in some circumstances, I guess, though I'm not sure the bars are set up to accept them, but it won't work for trying to surprise someone with a bucket of beer in the room at departure as you would sending them fruit and wine or chocolate covered strawberries. I'd rather have a cold bucket of beer waiting for someone than gift certificates...as long as none of those beers are open. I've been told you have to actively tell them not to open the beers, in some cases.

DML

Carnival is guilty of this one also:

WHY do cruise ship lines NOT entertain the idea for Bon Voyage to offer

Flavored vodkas and rums --- they would sell like hotcakes :D

You can order the bar setup on NCL, it is not on the Bon Voyage section but has it's own order procedure.

This is from NCL's answer to a question in their own Q&A site:

Please contact reservations and ask about our bar set up service. 800-327-7030

And there are several threads about the bar setup, many from this month alone - here is the listing of bottles and prices from last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35661550&postcount=16

Archived