Need advice about outbound flights from Rome

OhioGirl

We flew out of Rome in November, our flight left at 11:00 am and we just made it!

They make you go through passport line, before you ever got to the airline gate.

You also have to go through a very long line in security. I would take the later flight if it was up to me!

Just over three hours between the arrival of the ship and the departure of the flight would be a close call even in a place like Miami where the airport is much, much closer and in Rome you would lose almost a third of the time to even get to the airport - let alone go through check-in, security and border control. I definitely would not risk it.

WOW ... I would definitely not entertain the idea of an international flight that early. Our's departs at 11:50 and I'm a little concerned about timing. Depends on the day of the week also and how much traffic you will run into along the way. We return on a Wednesday and business traffic needs to be taken into consideration. I would look at a later flight for sure.

Cdn in KS

Because of the times of the flights, we're thinking about spending the night in Rome, and then departing in the morning. I'm beginning to get a little concerned about the 10:50 flight that has a layover in France! I'm still not sure that we would have enough time. I think I could handle another night in Rome! :)

Hopefully the airline will let us change our tickets. We went through a TA this time, when we usually do all of the planning and purchasing ourselves. Then, I researched the flights and found that there were many other flight options than the ones that she found for us. Hopefully she'll be understanding!

Archived