Silly (hopefully) Suite Question

Paul65

We're looking forward to our upcoming Navigator cruise, having booked a suite for the first time. The description on the RCCL website says that the room will have "TV, stereo and VCR." Does it really have a VCR, or will it be a DVD player? I doubt we'll spend a lot of time watching movies in the room, anyway, but if the kid wanted to bring a couple movies along just in case . . .

We're looking forward to our upcoming Navigator cruise, having booked a suite for the first time. The description on the RCCL website says that the room will have "TV, stereo and VCR." Does it really have a VCR, or will it be a DVD player? I doubt we'll spend a lot of time watching movies in the room, anyway, but if the kid wanted to bring a couple movies along just in case . . .

I've not seen a VCR in the suites recently. They usually have DVD players, and some Concierges have DVD's to borrow.

By the way, this applies to Grand Suites and better. Not Junior Suites. No DVD's in Junior Suites.

Alright. It seemed a bit odd that they would have installed 42" flat panel TVs in the suites, but left old VHS players around. Most films from the last several years don't even get released on VHS. But stranger things have happened.

I was in a GS on Navigator in Europe this summer. I pretty sure there was still a VCR in the suites. Navigator hasn't been through it's "revitalization" yet so some of the things aboard seem a little older; however, the ship is still in pretty good shape. Enjoy your cruise.

The GS have a stereo?? That would be cool.

Most GS's have a CD/DVD player, and Bose style speakers in the wall, by the ceiling. Everything is run through the tv system, and the remote control that comes with the cabin.

Speaking of VCR's, I have not seen a VCR on a Royal Caribbean Cruise ship in years.

We do take our own CD's and enjoy playing music.;)

Rick

We'll just wait and see. It's an OS cabin, btw, if that makes a difference in such amenities. If DS wants to bring a couple DVDs along, just in case, he can do that. We won't be lugging any old VHS tapes with us, though. :)

I was in a GS on Navigator in Europe this summer. I pretty sure there was still a VCR in the suites. Navigator hasn't been through it's "revitalization" yet so some of the things aboard seem a little older; however, the ship is still in pretty good shape. Enjoy your cruise.

We were recently on the Navigator in a GS. There was a DVD/VCR combo unit in our room.

Archived