Pride Talent Show

cptlapcat

My wife and four other gals are going to Mexico this July on the Carnival Pride. One of the gals is a very wonderful singer and quite talented. I read somewhere that there is a talent show on the Pride but I can't seem to find any information. Does anyone have any information?

Thanks for your help.

On the PRIDE they do something similar to American Idol......they do the "auditions" in the Starry Night Lounge during Karaoke :cool: Watch the "Carnival Capers" and you'll find out the times.....you have to let the Karaoke person (used to be Ross, but he's on vacation) know that you're auditioning for "Idol". He picks 6 people to perform by middle of the week.....the actual show is done (at least on the 5/22/05 sailing) on Thursday night in the Taj Mahal @ 10:30pm....may be different now that the port schedule seems to have changed. The most important thing to remember is that it is AN ENTERTAINMENT!!! The judges are "wacky" and the whole thing is VERY entertaining except possibly for the entrants and their cheering secton.....at least they go over and over this with the entrants BEFORE the "competition"....what am I saying??...... not always does the actual best singer win! :) The original 6 are "cut" to 3 and they sing once more (another selection).....the audience has NOTHING to do with the final winner (no calling in, etc.:D )..... it's a lot of fun....but just remember (those serious students of voice) it's just for fun...no record contracts or Paula Abdul to sleep with!!

Enjoy and have FUN,

Steve & Will (Will came in 2nd on 5/22/05)

Yes, there is "Pride Idol" on board with a few nights of competition to choose the finalists, there were 5 of them. The winner received a bottle of Champagne, and a T-shirt.

The contact person was Lexi, in the Starry Night lounge.

It was very entertaining.:D

Just returned 6/4/5

I have sung on 10 different Carnival ships and have always taken my own accompaniment CD's (or years ago...tapes).

I also take my custom karaoke CD's and use them during karaoke. The Karaoke Hosts have always been extremely careful with them and always been more than happy to accommodate.

Others have used my custom karaoke CD's as accompaniment in the talent show....as long as they realize that the words will not be shown anywhere...since that is held in the main theater.

Archived