airline credit---help please

dustyroad

i need some info on a possible flight credit.

i will be buying our tickets on the computer for a upcoming cruise. my friend does not have a credit card but pays me back in cash for all our expenses i take care of ( then i send it off to the credit card right away so her part is paid off ). if i get our tickets soon for may of 2005 and the price of the flight goes down, how does a credit work. it will probably be with northwest airlines. if they give me credit for a upcoming flight ( ive heard you have to use it within a year and i dont fly that much so it would be wasted ) how would i make sure she was taken care of on her seat. i would hate to think that i would owe her money. i dont have the extra cash like she does. i suppose the easiest thing would be for her to go get her own seat for the same times as i would have and pay cash. wow, this is all so tangled and it was supposed to be a easy ''cruise planning thing''. anyway i am hoping we get a good price on the seats and it will all works out.

how far out should i get my seat with the way fuel cost are going up. im thinking the sooner the better--how about you.

i hope i made this clear enough. thanks

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Don't buy your tickets until you're sure of the price you want to pay. Airline credits are pretty much useless to someone like you or I who don't fly often enough to use them. Keep an eye on the fares by signing up with the fare watchers on Travelocity or Orbitz and then when the fare gets to a point you feel comfortable buying, then buy it. If it goes down further, then you can get a credit, but if you don't wait for seat sales, then you'll definetly wind up wasting your money.

Hope this helps.

-BB123

thanks billybob

that is how i do my tickets. i was hoping it wasnt such a pain to check on all the time. it is so much simpler to just buy the ticket at a good price i can live with and forget it untill the day i check on it to fly out. thanks again.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Archived