? Main deck on Oosterdam or sister ships

muffin

I am some confused. On deck plans, it appears that there is no way to get from the forward cabins into the atrium area using the main deck. This doesn't make sense to me. However ,say you were in cabin c1081 or 1082, or any forward from there, all the walls are bold, or elevators or stairs. I presume this is just a graphic problem and there are some openings, but can someone please tell me if I assume correctly. Thanks. We are thinking of a cabin there, but I do not want to have to go up , and then over and down, to get to the atrium.

You can get through. I can't make sense of the deckplan though. I think there is a gap in the wall near the outside elevators. I had friends in 1074 and we definitely walked from their cabin through to the atrium area. You can also walk through to the showlounge from the cabin corridor, it isn't blocked off like it shows in the deckplan.

I'll confirm aussiedisneyfan's info; it's totally correct.

I have taken an inside cabin on Main Deck forward on three of the Vista ships, and the E-dam. It's a long hike from the show lounge to the aft, but it can be done. It's great to head for the glass elevators for a pretty ride up.

I KNEW CC would come through for me...I also was sure the corridor had to go through, but you never really know until you find someone who has been there! Funny they have the "wrong" schematics up. Cheers, and happy sailing to all.

Funny they have the "wrong" schematics up.

And FYI the forward end of the corridors is also shown incorrectly where they appear to dead-end at 1001 and 1002. You can get out there to go to the show lounge and elevators.

And you can't come off the elevators and walk down through the large center area of the ship either - there is a wall there. They have many errors in deck plans for other ships too. ;)

I am some confused. On deck plans, it appears that there is no way to get from the forward cabins into the atrium area using the main deck. This doesn't make sense to me. However ,say you were in cabin c1081 or 1082, or any forward from there, all the walls are bold, or elevators or stairs. I presume this is just a graphic problem and there are some openings, but can someone please tell me if I assume correctly. Thanks. We are thinking of a cabin there, but I do not want to have to go up , and then over and down, to get to the atrium.

If you pull up the Oosterdam's interactive deckplan for that deck on HAL's website, you can click on the camera in the atrium and it will show you a 360 degree view of the atrium. If you start at the view of the front office, you can scroll slowly to the right. You can see the two closed doors to the outer deck, then the two (office?) doors. After that you can see the rounded glass wall. Just a little further to the right, you can see the opening to the front cabin area just before the pillar and the couches. (If you blow it up to full screen, you an even see the green exit sign hanging from the ceiling).

I don't know why this door is not marked on the deck plans. I hope this helps.

Archived