Horseshoe bay-warwick beach

deedee290

DH and I are considering the walk from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick and were wondering if the South Shore swizzle Inn is easily accessible from there. Is it walking distance? Thanks!

We were at Horseshoe Bay on Wednesday and took the bus to the Swizzle Inn. It is 2 bus stops down the road, I believe. Get on the bus directly across the street from Horseshoe and tell the bus driver you want to get off at the Swizzle Inn. Enjoy the Rum Swizzles :)

DH and I are considering the walk from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick and were wondering if the South Shore swizzle Inn is easily accessible from there. Is it walking distance? Thanks!

The road distance from Warwick Bay to Swizzle South Shore is about 1.5 miles so it is walkable, but it is not recommended. South Rd which you would be on has heavy traffic and no sidewalks or breakdown lanes. Take the bus.

SBtS

The road distance from Warwick Bay to Swizzle South Shore is about 1.5 miles so it is walkable, but it is not recommended. South Rd which you would be on has heavy traffic and no sidewalks or breakdown lanes. Take the bus.

SBtS

People say this a lot, but I found that while this is true for most roads in Bermuda, South Road is the most accommodating for walkers. There are no sidewalks, but there is a wide grass strip on the shoulder, especially on the water side. Now I observed this as I was driving by on my motorbike, so there may be a tight spot somewhere along the way that would have been more noticeable if I was walking.

So Papajak... I would say that you could easily make this walk from WLB to the Swizzle. You can do most of it on the beach/park trail and then stay on the grass shoulder. The hairiest part will be crossing the road. Just be careful when you "stagger out."

Archived