Oops! Anyone had this happen?

They're loading thousands of pieces of luggage on and off a ship on a pier in a short period of time. Yes, this happens. It's not unheard of. Yes, it's unfortunate. No, it's not the end of the world. Remember, that bag could have just as easily gotten lost by the airline pre-flight and not even made it on board.

One of my bags didn't make it to our room. We wondered what happened to it and then got a phone call from guest services to come to the desk. I thought, oh no not the naughty room! But I didn't have anything in it that was not allowed. She took me to a small room behind the desk, pointed and asked if that was my bag. It was badly torn on one side and very dirty. She had me open it in front of her to make sure nothing inside was damaged. All was fine except for my brand new suitcase. They wanted me to file an insurance claim, but I convinced her to just give me on board credit and then we were both done with it. The funny part was, at Muster Drill, my husband saw them bringing a suitcase on just before sailing that looked beat up and commented that someone was not going to be happy. It was too far for him to see that it was MY suitcase LOL!

Archived