Tea Making Facilities in Cabins

[quote name='3rdGenCunarder']I think it is partly safety/electricity use, but the reference to "finer hotels" is apt. A friend's son works for a consortium (for want of a better word) of high-end hotels. When she stays at one of "his" hotels, she complains to him about the lack of a coffee maker in the room. He has repeatedly informed her that "better hotels" have good room service and guests do not need to bother to make their own coffee or tea. It's all in how the establishment sees itself.

(And no, I don't know if these hotels blare sporting events in their bars.)[/quote]
Mr Shanks was no doubt perfectly correct in saying what he did although I am sure that if I wanted this requirement then the butler would have ensured it was done :)

For those of you who may want to make tea/coffee in the stateroom, I suggest you bring along an immersion heater. That way, you can have boiling water whenever you want. These are cheap, can come with dual voltage, only weigh a few ounces and don't take up any more space in a suitcase than a pair of socks.

Looking forward to our first QM2 TA in late June.

[quote name='Lee in Pinetop']For those of you who may want to make tea/coffee in the stateroom, I suggest you bring along an immersion heater. That way, you can have boiling water whenever you want. These are cheap, can come with dual voltage, only weigh a few ounces and don't take up any more space in a suitcase than a pair of socks.

Looking forward to our first QM2 TA in late June.[/quote]

I'm not sure they are permitted. I know that some lines forbid them, not sure if Cunard does.

Archived