Train transfer Anchorage to Whittier Advice

bola

Hi-

We would like to book Anchorage to Whittier via train. We're staying at the Ship Creek Comfort Inn the night before departure. I know that the Alaska Railroad is just a couple blocks from our hotel.

I need advice on whether to book on my own the Rail Transfer or use Princess cruise line. Alaska Railroad is charging $74 and leaves at 9:45 a.m. I don't know how much Princess will charge or what their time schedule is. Anybody have any thoughts or advice for me??

Transfers from princess are by bus at $55 per person ... There are other motorcoach options that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oops

There are other companies that offer bus transfers a bit cheaper.... $35-$39

I don't think there is a cheaper train rate than booking it direct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi-

We would like to book Anchorage to Whittier via train. We're staying at the Ship Creek Comfort Inn the night before departure. I know that the Alaska Railroad is just a couple blocks from our hotel.

I need advice on whether to book on my own the Rail Transfer or use Princess cruise line. Alaska Railroad is charging $74 and leaves at 9:45 a.m. I don't know how much Princess will charge or what their time schedule is. Anybody have any thoughts or advice for me??

We have taken the train from Anchorage to Whittier twice by booking it ourselves. It is a very easy transaction. First Ship Creek Comfort Inn will transport you to the train station with your bags (make sure your luggage tags are attached). When you arrive there is going to be a spot outside the train station for Princess and they will take your bags which will be transported to the ship by truck and then delivered to your room. There is room inside the train for carry on (make sure you have all of your information for checking in at the ship such as passport and boarding pass). Go inside the train station and they will have your information and will give you your tickets. You arrive right in front of the Princess ship. We also took the 26 Glacier excursion on this day and it was a wonderful day!:)

Wow! Thank you everyone for your advice. :) I was beginning to second guess myself on the train and look at the bus. With all your opinions it looks like the train is the option I should go with. I'm also feeling pretty good about my hotel choice as well. Thanks!!

Archived