Coconuts

fefe

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how much a cab would be to get to Coconuts? How long of a ride? Would there be cabs to get back to the pier? We've heard how beautiful it is and wonder if it's worth the trip. Don't want to rent a car or jeep. Rather someone else drives!

Thanks for any info!!!

When we were there a couple of years ago we arranged for a taxi driver to drop us off at Coconuts and come back in 2 hours to get us. We paid him $10 each way. There were 4 of us. We were a little worried that maybe he wouldn't be there when we were ready to go, but he was.

There is also a bar hop excursion that goes to Coconuts too!! Coconuts is breathtaking beautiful!! With the hop you will also get to stop at 3 or 4 other awesome bars on the East Side. Everyone of them with amazing views, service, food, drinks and massages, etc. You get a driver, fun and ac in the van! Cant beat it. We have been to Coz many times and for the last 3 we did the Cozumel bar hop and will continue to do so.

You might negoiate with the driver but posted rates are ~380 pesos (about $30) for up to 4 in taxi. Plus you need to arrange a return with the driver or pay an additional amount for waiting. Do all this BEFORE entering the taxi. Make sure you are clear on what you want and the driver is clear on what he is charging. From the Port, use to taxi coordinator to assist if necessary. And don't feel embarassed to drop the taxi and try for another one.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how much a cab would be to get to Coconuts? How long of a ride? Would there be cabs to get back to the pier? We've heard how beautiful it is and wonder if it's worth the trip. Don't want to rent a car or jeep. Rather someone else drives!

Thanks for any info!!!

The East Coast is fantastic. But, I would not limit myself to Coconuts. I would strongly suggest that you start up north, make your way south, hit a couple of the bar/restaurants, pretty much doing the island clockwise.

We did the private driver and had a great time. Here is a pic taken at Coconuts. Also more pix in the Oasis review, linked in my signature.

_DSC0224.jpg

Archived