Replacing alcohols that come with GV/DOS/OS?

DMLyons

Most people ask about upgrading the bottles of alcohol you get free with an OS/DOS or GV to higher grade. I don't want to upgrade, but I do want to choose a different well drink than what is on that short list for one bottle. I imagine they have that specific list to hit what they believe are the most common types of alcohol people request, and that's great, but I enjoy one not on that list.

Has anyone tried this? Did you have to pay as if upgrading or not? Who should I talk to about it and when?

Thanks much!

DML

Most people ask about upgrading the bottles of alcohol you get free with an OS/DOS or GV to higher grade. I don't want to upgrade, but I do want to choose a different well drink than what is on that short list for one bottle. I imagine they have that specific list to hit what they believe are the most common types of alcohol people request, and that's great, but I enjoy one not on that list.

Has anyone tried this? Did you have to pay as if upgrading or not? Who should I talk to about it and when?

Thanks much!

DML

Ok, I'll bite............what is "OS?DOS or GV"??

As said on the other thread that is running, I tried that very thing in December and was required to pay for any change made. If it was not on the list, I had to pay and upgrade fee. The concierge/HD control this. You can always try, but we were turned down and others on the current thread have had the same experience. About 5 or 6 threads below this right now is the other thread.

We were in the OS on the Sun in January. Requested Baileys which was not on the list. The butler said she would see what she could do. We got it with no additional charge.

We also were able to swap bottles every time. Even after they already were delivered. Not all butlers are aware of this possibility, so a little push in the back might help.

Archived