Princess Cruiseport to Dublin HoHo

Chesie

Starting to do some research on how to get from ship to Dublin to pick up the HoHo. I read somewhere where the Dublin Tourist Board supplies a shuttle from port to Trinity College. Does anyone know if that is still true? If so, the cost and where to pick up both ways. I guess the other option would be a taxi?

Thank you!

Did Dublin with Princess about 18 months ago.

Bus picked up on the dock, about 3 feet from the gangway :D

Drop off was in a side street in central Dublin, a 2-3 minute walk from Trinity College. Return trip from the same place.

Can't remember the price exactly, but it was very reasonable - I'm thinking €5 or so.

Central Dublin is very compact, and easy to walk.

Equally, the hoho bus tour is very entertaining with all the craic you could wish for!

Love Dublin, and go often as I have family there.

Hope this helps :)

We docked Dublin last Sept. on Princess. Princess had tour busses sitting on the dock and you could just go over and board the bus, they take your name, cabin #, etc. and we did pay $20. pp for round trip. I'm sure you could pre-book them as well. There were taxis there as well and I did walk over and ask the driver what the fare would be. It was going to be about the same as taking Princess shuttle and we didn't have to worry about finding a taxi to take us back to the ship. The shuttles ran about every 1/2 hr. It is about 30 min. drive to where they drop you off, it was a side street near one of the Museums and the pick up is the same place. I took a pic of the street sign so I'd remember what street we had to go back to.

The ho ho busses will be everywhere. There are different tours so you need to make sure you find the right tour. Some of the busses have headsets and u select the language. We wanted a live commentary by the bus driver so that is the trolley we got on. You can just walk up to one of them and they have the route posted onboard.

There are two hop on companies, red and green. We did the red one w/ live commentary. Excellent tour. You can research the two companies or others will have opinions. You can book online but we preferred to wait til we got there.

I am not sure about the public busses and the routes they take. Perhaps others will.

Chesie, as the Irish say, "Not to worry". U won't have a problem if Princess has shuttles and I am sure they will. Check your tours list and u should find the info there. They will probably drop u off on the same street as us. I just can't remember the name right now.

We had a nice day in Dublin. We actually did some street walking after we got off our Princess shuttle before we decided to take the ho ho bus. You can board them at any designated stop and pay onboard (u will need euros though). I really wanted to visit the Book of Kells but the line was so long we didn't want to wait. It was around noon when we stopped there. We got off the ho ho bus and walked thru the courtyard for Trinity College. I would head there first next time we went. Some people say go later in the day but we were leaving port early so didn't have that option. Enjoy your visit to Dublin. It's a pretty city and easy to get around. Don't forget to see Molly Malone as you walk about!

Archived