Question for those who have been on Sun aft AE and AD 8002...

jdr2alaska

I'm currently booked in cabin 0267 (AE) on the 8/28 NCL Sun cruise. Cabin 8002 (AD) which I have read so many raves about has opened up today.

At this point, they are not offering me any deals on moving from the AE to the AD - it would cost me the $980 difference between the two cabins (total for 2 passengers).

Is it worth spending that much money to upgrade again (keep in mind, that I was originally in a K and paid $1000 to move up to the AE) to this Penthouse Suite? Or should I hold out for a deal to move up - say about half the difference? OR should I stay put in 0267?

JR

I'm currently booked in cabin 0267 (AE) on the 8/28 NCL Sun cruise. Cabin 8002 (AD) which I have read so many raves about has opened up today.

At this point, they are not offering me any deals on moving from the AE to the AD - it would cost me the $980 difference between the two cabins (total for 2 passengers).

Is it worth spending that much money to upgrade again (keep in mind, that I was originally in a K and paid $1000 to move up to the AE) to this Penthouse Suite? Or should I hold out for a deal to move up - say about half the difference? OR should I stay put in 0267?

JR

Worth it that's your call. I went from an AF to the AD for $500 for 3 passengers.

Thanks Shoreguy...

When I called the upsell desk (yes, they did talk to me), they said that they were about 3 weeks away from doing upsells for this cruise. I even said that I'd do it for $500, but they said the best that they could do at this point is to put me in there for the full difference. I think that the fact that this is the only available AD is working against me. Maybe if a couple of these high-end cabins open up after the 75-day mark (which is next week), I'll have a better chance.

At this point, I am leaning towards taking a chance and waiting for 2-3 weeks to see if this AD remains open or another one opens up and I can get a deal to upgrade to it for less than the full difference.

JR

Archived