A day in Palma would this work?

We did this several years ago, but we took an earlier train (I think maybe 8:00, I remember having to run to make it we wanted to beat the ships tour and we were the only people on the train which was cool) and had plenty of time for lunch and walking around. We even had time to tour the cathedral when we got back to town before we headed back to the ship. Loved the old wooden train and the town of Soller. Can't wait to do it again someday.

We did this several years ago, but we took an earlier train (I think maybe 8:00, I remember having to run to make it we wanted to beat the ships tour and we were the only people on the train which was cool) and had plenty of time for lunch and walking around. We even had time to tour the cathedral when we got back to town before we headed back to the ship. Loved the old wooden train and the town of Soller. Can't wait to do it again someday.

Was the Port of Soller worth a visit also? Karen

You trundle down to the port in ancient trams, and it's a lovely little village on a small bay. It's fairly touristy, and will have excursion buses in....there's a small beach for swimming, but it's not a brilliant one. We used to stay there years ago, so it might have grown a bit. It used to have leather shops, but again, that might have gone now- I always used to buy my sandals there, and they'd last for ages! I think it will all depend on the time, and the amount of traffic on the road....the train is fun, but so is the tram! :cool:

Archived