Oasis Review - Jan 26 - Details on BYO Wine and Prem. Drink Pkg

I am not great with Boards posting, so hope you see this. My question is My time dining. I am currently reserved for late dining, but prefer to eat around 7:30pm. When you were seated were you put at table for more than your party. I am travelling with my adult daughter and would prefer to seat with others at dinner. My experience on another cruise line was we were seated with the four in our party and never with others even though requested. thanks

I too am wondering this. I have signed DW and myself up for MTD, and wonder if, like Princess, they seat you with a larger table.

Very nice review. This is possibly the first review that contains a majority of information that is helpful to me; biggest two of which were wine information and pros/cons with Princess.

Like my photographer friend said once, the camera copies an image, but the photographer takes the picture. No one says after a nice dinner, "Awesome oven!!". Very nice photos indeed. :D For some reason, the picture of Johnny Rockets with the wet pavement is my favorite. Was this after rain or after they cleaned it?

Having a room on 8th deck, I plan to make my primary stateroom Vintages or (now thanks to you) the Trellis Bar. What was the main difference in wine selections between these two locations? Any other good venues for wine?

Thanks! In terms of wine selection the average bar has very little to choose from and this includes the Trellis Bar. The MDR has a better selection, and Vintages has an even better selection. In summary... Vintages > MDR > AnyBar

I am not great with Boards posting, so hope you see this. My question is My time dining. I am currently reserved for late dining, but prefer to eat around 7:30pm. When you were seated were you put at table for more than your party. I am travelling with my adult daughter and would prefer to seat with others at dinner. My experience on another cruise line was we were seated with the four in our party and never with others even though requested. thanks

I'm not sure how RC handles this as we always requested a table for two on this particular cruise, but when using My Time Dining on a longer Princess cruise in Europe, we did ask to be seated with a larger group some evenings and they were happy to oblige. So I would suggest you just ask your hostess when you arrive at the dining room. I'm sure it's a common request so there will undoubtedly be others who want to dine with fellow passengers.

Archived