Couple of first timers on freedom of the seas eastern caribbean

albones456

My girlfriend and I are taking our first cruise on RCCL FOS in 2 weeks! 7 night eastern caribbean to Coco Cay, St Thomas and St Maarten. Even though I've spent the last 2 months burning up the internet researching, figured I'd ask the pros if they had any tips relevant to the ship or ports of call. Specifically, has anyone purchased RC all inclusive liquor package? We could be considered "heavy social drinkers" lol. My assumption is the ship wouldn't offer it if they weren't making money. Having never cruised I don't have a frame of reference to budget the bar tab. Any tips or "secrets to cruising" will be greatly appreciated

If you're a heavy drinker, the beverage package is well worth the money for you. Most beers are $6 to $7, mixed drinks are $7 and up, glasses of wine are $8 and up. Martinis are $10 and up. Soft drinks are $2 each and bottled water is $3.75 and wayyyy up depending on size and maker. BTW, you both have to purchase the package as there's no sharing.

Not being much on drinking, the only thing we buy is a Coke package to keep my wife from going through Diet Coke withdrawl; so no help on that.

Freedom is one of the four ships that lets you book the shows ahead of time, take advantage of it. You still need to be there at least 10 minutes before showtime or they do not have to honor the reservation, but it beats standing in line for everything, and hoping for a seat.

Archived