Queen Elizabeth to Norwegian Fjords?

kath00

Hi there,

We are very seriously looking at this cruise for 2014 for our extended family including our parents and my 2 siblings and their children. Can anyone who has been on this cruise in June or July please tell me if there were any kids on board? The one hesitation is that the age of the passengers will skew much older and our kids won't have much to do on board.

Thank you for any advice,

Katherine

An interesting question but might I suggest the only person on this forum that knows what these children are like and what would keep them occupied during their 'confinement' is your very good self.

If I were you I would get as much literature as possible on the numerous cruise ships that visit Norway and then look at what they offer to cater specifically for children. Are there ships out there that offer a greater choice? Without doubt, the answer to that question is 'Yes'

But your children might be happy with what Cunard have to offer :)

Have been on the Norwegian cruise twice in the last 18 months, firstly on the Grand Princess and secondly on the Queen Victoria. Can't honestly say that there was much to do on either ship for children.

Having 7 Grandchildren ourselves, I can honestly say that I would not personally consider this cruise for children, not only from the point of view on any on-board activities but also at the lack of potential areas of interest to children once in the berth locations.

As had been previously mentioned only you know the children and their expectations, but having seen the good time that children can have on Med cruise, both on the ship and in port, I know which I would choose for children.

David

Archived