Luggage express on the Victory??

hollygirl2004

Hi... anyone just off the Victory know if they are offering Luggage express? We have a very late flight out of FLL after our March 4th cruise and would love to have this option. Also would love to hear anything you have to say about the Victory.. cheers program, shows , ports (nassau, HMC, Grand turk) , Piano bar, etc.. :)

thanks for any info :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi... anyone just off the Victory know if they are offering Luggage express? We have a very late flight out of FLL after our March 4th cruise and would love to have this option. Also would love to hear anything you have to say about the Victory.. cheers program, shows , ports (nassau, HMC, Grand turk) , Piano bar, etc.. :)

thanks for any info :D

We just got off the Victory today. The are offering luggage express. We received the info in our stateroom last night. I didn't look closely at it. We are driving home. Sorry!

Dh had the cheers program. I didn't as we were booked in seperate rooms and I carried on 2 bottles of moscato. He bought it on day 2 and saved the fee from day 1. This worked out great. We were tired day 1 from Disney the day prior and the LONG car ride. We ended up in bed at like 10 Monday night.

We only saw the Love and Marriage show which was hilarious, most due to a couple that had been married 54 years.

Grand Turk is beautiful. We rented snorkeling gear for $10 pp. There were tons of beach chairs, some shade, lots of fish and a few shops.

Half Moon Cay is beautiful. Do bring a little cash with you as there are some islanders selling goods in a few little shops. There is a souvenier shop where you can use your sail & sign card. The dj is in the pirate ship bar. We had a pitcher of ketel one lemonade there. It is $25 and not part of cheers, but it was delicious. Lunch was a cookout with picnic style food. There are water, tea and lemonade stations by the food.

Nassau is dirty and the people are pushy. We didn't do an excursion here and won't go back without one booked through the cruiseline. We shopped in the Straw Market and some of the jewelry stores. Effy had a free necklace with the flyers they were handing out in the street. You could buy .5 carat earrings to match for $10. My teens did that deal. There are two Effy shops that have different gemstones for the offer. We went to Senor Frogs and had some nachos and a drink. We made our way back to the boat while being offered "ya want coke or a smoke, mon?" We were back on board by 2 pm for a 5:00 sail time. We sailed at 5:30 due to some pier strollers (they were not running!).

We went to watch karaoke a few times. It was like all karaoke, some good, some baaaaaaad! We missed the piano bar. We planned on going, but got busy laughing with some people on a pub crawl. They had shirts made with a checklist for each bar on ship. The adult comedy with CeeJay Jones was hysterical. He was so much fun. We ran into him several times on ship and he always had a smile.

I will scan in the funtimes when we get home tomorrow or on Monday. I will write detailed report when we are home and not on this tiny android phone keyboard. :-)

In the meantime, feel free to ask questions. I'm stuck in this car for 20 more hours. Lol

I'm actually surprised to read a PP saying that Luggage Express wasn't offerred until the night before debarkation.

Usually, you have to have your paperwork filled out and submitted to Guest Services no later than the day before the last full day of your cruise. Then you will get your luggage tags during your last day and set your luggage out that night.

I found out (the hard way) that you cannot use luggage express if you are booked on a Carnival post-cruise excursion. They made me show them the actual cancellation before they would process my LE paperwork.

Hopefully you will have some private excursions lined up.

I could be wrong, but I really think it was there last night. Like I said we didn't pay close attention to it, because we were driving. I distinctly recall seeing " luggage express" and thinking I wonder if we can pay for them to get our bags off sooner and then reading the word word "airline" and tossing it in the trash.

FTTF was sold out for our sailing, but we got onboard super quick and had no isMomsues. Our wait was minimal to disembark. We were in group 27 and had our luggage collected and loaded in our car by 9:40 am.

We just got off the Victory today. The are offering luggage express. We received the info in our stateroom last night. I didn't look closely at it. We are driving home. Sorry!

Dh had the cheers program. I didn't as we were booked in seperate rooms and I carried on 2 bottles of moscato. He bought it on day 2 and saved the fee from day 1. This worked out great. We were tired day 1 from Disney the day prior and the LONG car ride. We ended up in bed at like 10 Monday night.

We only saw the Love and Marriage show which was hilarious, most due to a couple that had been married 54 years.

Grand Turk is beautiful. We rented snorkeling gear for $10 pp. There were tons of beach chairs, some shade, lots of fish and a few shops.

Half Moon Cay is beautiful. Do bring a little cash with you as there are some islanders selling goods in a few little shops. There is a souvenier shop where you can use your sail & sign card. The dj is in the pirate ship bar. We had a pitcher of ketel one lemonade there. It is $25 and not part of cheers, but it was delicious. Lunch was a cookout with picnic style food. There are water, tea and lemonade stations by the food.

Nassau is dirty and the people are pushy. We didn't do an excursion here and won't go back without one booked through the cruiseline. We shopped in the Straw Market and some of the jewelry stores. Effy had a free necklace with the flyers they were handing out in the street. You could buy .5 carat earrings to match for $10. My teens did that deal. There are two Effy shops that have different gemstones for the offer. We went to Senor Frogs and had some nachos and a drink. We made our way back to the boat while being offered "ya want coke or a smoke, mon?" We were back on board by 2 pm for a 5:00 sail time. We sailed at 5:30 due to some pier strollers (they were not running!).

We went to watch karaoke a few times. It was like all karaoke, some good, some baaaaaaad! We missed the piano bar. We planned on going, but got busy laughing with some people on a pub crawl. They had shirts made with a checklist for each bar on ship. The adult comedy with CeeJay Jones was hysterical. He was so much fun. We ran into him several times on ship and he always had a smile.

I will scan in the funtimes when we get home tomorrow or on Monday. I will write detailed report when we are home and not on this tiny android phone keyboard. :-)

In the meantime, feel free to ask questions. I'm stuck in this car for 20 more hours. Lol

OMG.. you have made my day... I am so happy to hear that they have express luggage.. our flight home is not unitl 9:00 pm... it will be awesome to ditch our luggage and enjoy miami before we fly home :p

We bought a resort day pass in Nassau.. but will do some shopping at the straw market.. :)

thank you for the info on bringing some cash to HFC.. I was not planning on bringing any cash to this port... :)

we have a snorkel excursion booked for GT but do plan on hitting some of the bars on our way back to the ship... :)

sorry you did not get to hang at the piano bar.,.. we are really hoping to do this a few nights.. :D

can't wait the read your review when you get home... :)

I'm actually surprised to read a PP saying that Luggage Express wasn't offerred until the night before debarkation.

Usually, you have to have your paperwork filled out and submitted to Guest Services no later than the day before the last full day of your cruise. Then you will get your luggage tags during your last day and set your luggage out that night.

I found out (the hard way) that you cannot use luggage express if you are booked on a Carnival post-cruise excursion. They made me show them the actual cancellation before they would process my LE paperwork.

Hopefully you will have some private excursions lined up.

thats strange that they will not let you do both... did you cancel your excursion?? We have been looking at options.. booking carnival excursion.. they are only offering the south beach one so far and I think we could do that on our own. My thought is we can figure this our on the ship as to what would be best for us.. hoping anyways.. LOL

any ideas would be great... thanks for the information

thats strange that they will not let you do both... did you cancel your excursion?? We have been looking at options.. booking carnival excursion.. they are only offering the south beach one so far and I think we could do that on our own. My thought is we can figure this our on the ship as to what would be best for us.. hoping anyways.. LOL

any ideas would be great... thanks for the information

We cancelled our excursion because what we really hate about debarkation and going to the airport is having to get our luggage at the pier, get it checked in at the airport and all that hassle.

It is so nice to have your boarding passes in advance and just going straight through security. I don't really mind hanging around the airport if I have plenty of stuff to read.

The last time we flew we had a late flight out of MIA, so we bought a day pass into the AA Admirals Club which made the wait so much nicer.

On the ship as they were processing our LE paperwork they noticed that we had the Southbeach excursion booked, and they wouldn't even continue to process the paperwork until we went to Shore Excursions and could show them our cancelled excursion paperwork.

But there is nothing they could do if you booked a private excursion. If the weather is nice I would probably take a cab over to Bayside Marketplace and hang out there all day. There are leisure boat rides to go on and lots of restaurants and shopping to do, but it is an open mall, so the weather needs to be nice.

We cancelled our excursion because what we really hate about debarkation and going to the airport is having to get our luggage at the pier, get it checked in at the airport and all that hassle.

It is so nice to have your boarding passes in advance and just going straight through security. I don't really mind hanging around the airport if I have plenty of stuff to read.

The last time we flew we had a late flight out of MIA, so we bought a day pass into the AA Admirals Club which made the wait so much nicer.

On the ship as they were processing our LE paperwork they noticed that we had the Southbeach excursion booked, and they wouldn't even continue to process the paperwork until we went to Shore Excursions and could show them our cancelled excursion paperwork.

But there is nothing they could do if you booked a private excursion. If the weather is nice I would probably take a cab over to Bayside Marketplace and hang out there all day. There are leisure boat rides to go on and lots of restaurants and shopping to do, but it is an open mall, so the weather needs to be nice.

Awesome idea on shopping and hanging out at the market place ..

and wicked thanks for the info on booking the carnival excursion.. we were thinking of doing that but would much rather have LE !!

So looking forward to this cruise... its going to be a packed one .

Everything is soldout leaving only a few inside cabin... :eek:

Archived