Grand Caymen Weddings?

RunningRN

Just keep in mind that this is a risky port to choose, as it's one of the most often missed due to difficulty with the tenders in rough seas/weather. Have a back-up plan if you choose GC.

I just wanted to echo this. FH and I have missed tender ports in the past because of winds that wouldn't allow the ship to anchor and stay put all day. We didn't even know we wouldn't make it to the island until about 20 min prior to tendering, we were dressed and packed for the day and eating breakfast. I was disappointed but we have a go with the flow attitude when we cruise. However, I can't imagine how disappointed I would be if this was supposed to be our wedding location. I have heard that tender ports are missed up to 1/3 of the time. I'm not sure if this is true or not, sounds a bit high to me.

That being said any cruise bride has to come to terms with the fact that things can happen. Even a docking port can be missed. In an extreme circumstance the cruise may not even depart if there is bad weather or it could get sold out from under you by a group that books the whole ship. I am NOT saying don't do a cruise wedding! I think they are totally worth it, which is why we're doing one. I guess I'm just saying be prepared with a back up plan :)

Congrats and good luck!!!

Archived