If using cash for your expense account...

towel-animal

I'm considering a cash deposit as well, so as not to tie up my credit card funds.... How is the remaining amount settled? If I still have 200-300 left, is it given back in cash, or a check sent in the mail?

Also, according to their webpage, it says $100/per person, per day..... is that an absolute, or just a "suggestion"??

My sister used cash for her account on our last cruise. She just told them she wanted to use cash at check in. She did not have to provide the cash before receiving her room key. She went to Guest Services as soon as we got onboard, and put down $200.

They recommend the $100/person/day, but that is just a guideline. You can put down whatever you want. She just watched her account and went and put more down as she needed. At the end of the cruise, she went to Guest Services and received a small cash refund.

My sister used cash for her account on our last cruise. She just told them she wanted to use cash at check in. She did not have to provide the cash before receiving her room key. She went to Guest Services as soon as we got onboard, and put down $200.

They recommend the $100/person/day, but that is just a guideline. You can put down whatever you want. She just watched her account and went and put more down as she needed. At the end of the cruise, she went to Guest Services and received a small cash refund.

This was my experience as well. :)

The "$100/day per person" is just a guideline. After all, they want you to spend that much on board. I didn't go anywhere near that amount, though. I put $150 on my account when I got on the ship and got about $10 back at the end of the week.

...and truthfully, I would have gotten a lot more than that back, had I not gotten sucked into bingo once or twice. XD

I put down money the last time I sailed and will do so this time. I can not remember the amount but I figured on what I was going to spend, pay dinners, drinks martini classes etc added a couple of hundred. The last morning I received my invoice with a check for $176 attaached as my refund. I took this down to customer service and they gladly cashed it for me, Which was a good thing since I used this money to for expenses to get home.

Archived