Alert to CCL Cruisers that Also Sail RCCL: AUTO TIPS have BEGUN

MrPete

Well remembered carnival has prepaid tips, you can select it or not when booking and it shows the cabin price without tips. You add it at the end, knowing you're adding it.

RCCL its automatically added to the price so some people won't realize they paid for it?

I found this quite by accident, and first thought this was for non US citizens at first, but it seems to be everyone now.

And like CCL, they are adjustable.

Starts the first of March.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Gratuities&faqId=5520&faqSubjectId=415&faqType=faq

As far as I am concerned, this is good news.

I believe RC and X putting on auto tip for those who choose ATD is not new. What would be new is adding tips to those opting for fixed dinning times.

We had fixed dining times on the Oasis and Celebrity. I think the price went up though from what I see. Keep in mind that I cruised the one in 2010 and I believe it was 11.50 at that time and Celebrity was a year later but were in the concierge clas and it was 13.00 or 13.50 pp/per day.

Archived