ITS OFFICIAL!!! Wedding on RCCL

I felt like i had to tell the world!! I just officially booked my group of 50 passengers and my wedding through Royal Romance aboard the Allure of the Seas!!! For next year August 3-10, 2014 (I KNOW IM A FREAK, A YEAR AND A HALF BEFORE)

So far everyone very nice and helpful.

If anyone has any advice for the year awaiting ahead of me please let me know. And if anyone has pictures on a royal caribbean wedding please share i havent seen any!

Thank you!!

Congrats!

I think you will find this Oasis class document helpful in your planning.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Incentives/Oasis_Class_Guide.pdf

The next step, if you havent already is contact the groups department. They will reserve a block of rooms at a set price, handle group dining, and any other group items. You also get special perks once you reach 8 cabins booked.

My email is my user name, but with a kjm instead of the km at yahoo. Feel free to email directly if you have specific questions. We just went through this whole thing, but for a freedom class ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Well congrats. I was an oasis cruise bride but I got off in St. Thomas for my wedding. We had some bumps but it was the best day ever!! I had the best time creating the passport invites and I had an amazing travel agent (She was my rock)

My advice:

+Get walky talkies we had one night where we couldn't find anyone at the same time.

+Make time for you guys (esp with such a large group)

+talk to the dinning room about your table set up (ours was never correct)

+Once your onboard just let it all go

+I wish I had more time for portrait but being a wedding photographer you would have thought that I would have budgeted more :(

Have fun!! I was a year and a half as well. Its a long time but it flys by. :)

Here's our slideshow.

You have no idea how excited this just made me- my wedding is RCI Enchantment in 24 days!! Were getting married onboard whilst decked in St Thomas.

Your photos are beautiful and you look so happy in all of your photos!! Congrats- coming up to your 1 year anniversary!

You have no idea how excited this just made me- my wedding is RCI Enchantment in 24 days!! Were getting married onboard whilst decked in St Thomas.

Your photos are beautiful and you look so happy in all of your photos!! Congrats- coming up to your 1 year anniversary!

Hi

My son & girlfriend may consider cruise wedding....onboard or onshore...on RCI cruise to caribbean...possibly St Thomas....we are UK based...how did you arrange flights & wedding co-ordinator...possible date OCT/NOV 2014

Many thanks

JJ

Hello,

I am getting married on this ship now can you please post a review when you come back!! Thanks!

Megan

Hi

My son & girlfriend may consider cruise wedding....onboard or onshore...on RCI cruise to caribbean...possibly St Thomas....we are UK based...how did you arrange flights & wedding co-ordinator...possible date OCT/NOV 2014

Many thanks

JJ

We booked the cruise through Thomas Cook as it was cheaper than through RCI. When the flights were released from RCI we priced them against others, and ended up booking them through a company called 'Travel-O-World'. RCI flights were £900 which was flights, 1 nights accommodation and transfers. We booked BA flights for £600.

Once you've booked the cruise you can contact Royal Romance and book the wedding package. I suggest checking the date and port you want is available before booking the cruise itself. Provisionally book it and then confirm it all and pay once cruise is booked.

Hope this helps, but if I can help anymore I will.

Gina

• 2 weeks later...

CONGRATS to you.. We are Very Happy for you, and wish You nothing but the best.. And Honey No one Cares that its a Year and a half away.. I know I myself started the same time.. And now Im 5 months away.. I know they say this alot , But it REALLY has flew by..

I felt like i had to tell the world!! I just officially booked my group of 50 passengers and my wedding through Royal Romance aboard the Allure of the Seas!!! For next year August 3-10, 2014 (I KNOW IM A FREAK, A YEAR AND A HALF BEFORE)

So far everyone very nice and helpful.

If anyone has any advice for the year awaiting ahead of me please let me know. And if anyone has pictures on a royal caribbean wedding please share i havent seen any!

Thank you!!

My wife and I get married on Allure of the Seas last August and had 50 sailing guests and 14 non-sailing guests. To keep it short we had our ceremony on embarkation day and then rented out Chops that night for our wedding reception. We had a photographer before, during, and after the ceremony. After the ceremony we went out on Deck 16 to take outside photos with family and friends. After that the photographer took my wife and I around the ship to take photos. Our photographer and assistant was at our reception. We also took photos at the beach at Labadee with us and our wedding party.

If you decide to go with a photographer make sure you request the photographer that works in the Picture This studio. The staff that works there are the most experienced on the ship. We cruise often on Allure and got to know all the photographers that work there very well. There are only a handful of them and they only rotate between Allure and Oasis. I would feel comfortable with any of them photographing our wedding. Our photographer was Edwin. He went above and beyond our expectations. We were blown away with his work. We get compliments all time on what great photos we got.

We were featured on RCCL WOW of the week a few months ago and they asked us about our wedding experience. There are a few photos there.

https://www.answeritroyally.com/fb/royal-wow/tracy-tarectecan

Here are a few of the over +2000 that was taken:

8623456420_1468137ac3.jpg

8623456012_f2c3432809.jpg

8623456596_493e92f0c0.jpg

My wife and I get married on Allure of the Seas last August and had 50 sailing guests and 14 non-sailing guests. To keep it short we had our ceremony on embarkation day and then rented out Chops that night for our wedding reception. We had a photographer before, during, and after the ceremony. After the ceremony we went out on Deck 16 to take outside photos with family and friends. After that the photographer took my wife and I around the ship to take photos. Our photographer and assistant was at our reception. We also took photos at the beach at Labadee with us and our wedding party.

If you decide to go with a photographer make sure you request the photographer that works in the Picture This studio. The staff that works there are the most experienced on the ship. We cruise often on Allure and got to know all the photographers that work there very well. There are only a handful of them and they only rotate between Allure and Oasis. I would feel comfortable with any of them photographing our wedding. Our photographer was Edwin. He went above and beyond our expectations. We were blown away with his work. We get compliments all time on what great photos we got.

We were featured on RCCL WOW of the week a few months ago and they asked us about our wedding experience. There are a few photos there.

https://www.answeritroyally.com/fb/royal-wow/tracy-tarectecan

Here are a few of the over +2000 that was taken:

8623456420_1468137ac3.jpg

8623456012_f2c3432809.jpg

8623456596_493e92f0c0.jpg

Ur wedding photos are beautiful, such a gorgeous couple! Congrats!!! How much did u end up paying for your photos? We r sailing on grandeur of the seas, do u have any suggestions on who I should request as my photographer there? Thanks

Kara

Kamusta1 can u also let us know how u n ur wife were able 2 get a photographer for that long n any tips on ur wedding planning on RCCL. how much did it cost 2 rent out chops. All details plz! Lol from the few photos I saw, ur wedding looked just beautiful! Congrats 2 u n ur wife!

Oh another question did u have ur ceremony at Chops?

Kara

Ur wedding photos are beautiful, such a gorgeous couple! Congrats!!! How much did u end up paying for your photos? We r sailing on grandeur of the seas, do u have any suggestions on who I should request as my photographer there? Thanks

Kara

Thank you so much =) They offered a wide range of photo packages. Any where from $4000 - $16,500. The package we chose was somewhere in the middle. We got 2 huge - 12x12 30 page albums with plexiglass covers that were made and shipped from Italy. They are quality made and we couldn't be happier with them. We also got 2 smaller 8x8 photo albums of the same quality for our parents. The package also included 3 16x20 canvas wrap photos and 5 8x10 prints. We also got disc of all the photos taken through out the trip (we paid extra for this but I forgot how much that costs. I think the photo packages may differ from those offered on the non-Oasis class ships. I do not know if the other ships have a dedicated photo studio. I am pretty sure though who ever would be taking your wedding photos are the more experience on the ship, but you can always ask Royal Romance and request this.

Kamusta1 can u also let us know how u n ur wife were able 2 get a photographer for that long n any tips on ur wedding planning on RCCL. how much did it cost 2 rent out chops. All details plz! Lol from the few photos I saw, ur wedding looked just beautiful! Congrats 2 u n ur wife!

Oh another question did u have ur ceremony at Chops?

Kara

Our situation maybe a bit different since we cruise often on Allure and we were able to go to the photo studio and discuss when and where we wanted a photographer at. We were told we could have a photographer wherever we wanted. I was even able to email the photo studio with all the questions we had. We were told the photographer was going to be someone different that the ones we have spoken to in the past because his contract was almost up but we were told we would left in good hands. Once we boarded my wife went to our room to get ready and I went straight to the photo studio and met the photographer and gave him a schedule. He even asked if he could go up to our stateroom and take photos of my wife getting ready. I called my wife and he went straight up to meet her. He and his assistant went out of their way to make sure everything went as planned. On Day 6 they set up a viewing of all the photos they took so we could choose the ones we wanted for the albums. Our parents and some family members came to watch. They put great music to the slideshow and brought tears to everyones eye.

It cost $5000 to buy out Chops on Allure and Oasis. It is $3000 on the other ships.

Our ceremony was held up in the chapel.

-Leo

Edited by kamusta1

Our situation maybe a bit different since we cruise often on Allure and we were able to go to the photo studio and discuss when and where we wanted a photographer at. We were told we could have a photographer wherever we wanted. I was even able to email the photo studio with all the questions we had. We were told the photographer was going to be someone different that the ones we have spoken to in the past because his contract was almost up but we were told we would left in good hands. Once we boarded my wife went to our room to get ready and I went straight to the photo studio and met the photographer and gave him a schedule. He even asked if he could go up to our stateroom and take photos of my wife getting ready. I called my wife and he went straight up to meet her. He and his assistant went out of their way to make sure everything went as planned. On Day 6 they set up a viewing of all the photos they took so we could choose the ones we wanted for the albums. Our parents and some family members came to watch. They put great music to the slideshow and brought tears to everyones eye.

It cost $5000 to buy out Chops on Allure and Oasis. It is $3000 on the other ships.

Our ceremony was held up in the chapel.

-Leo

Thank u, thank u for all ur info! Hope married life is treating u well :)

Kara

Well congrats. I was an oasis cruise bride but I got off in St. Thomas for my wedding. We had some bumps but it was the best day ever!! I had the best time creating the passport invites and I had an amazing travel agent (She was my rock)

My advice:

+Get walky talkies we had one night where we couldn't find anyone at the same time.

+Make time for you guys (esp with such a large group)

+talk to the dinning room about your table set up (ours was never correct)

+Once your onboard just let it all go

+I wish I had more time for portrait but being a wedding photographer you would have thought that I would have budgeted more :(

Have fun!! I was a year and a half as well. Its a long time but it flys by. :)

Here's our slideshow.

The photos are stunning!! Are they taken by the photographer of RCL??