Typical disembarkation time

bbwex

While we are experienced ocean cruisers, we have never been on a river cruise before. Are the disembarkation times similar to ocean cruises? Do you get breakfast and then quickly have to leave so they can recycle the boat for the afternoon's arrivals?

We are sailing with Uniworld, and I am trying to figure out what time I should select for a flight from Amsterdam.

While we are experienced ocean cruisers, we have never been on a river cruise before. Are the disembarkation times similar to ocean cruises? Do you get breakfast and then quickly have to leave so they can recycle the boat for the afternoon's arrivals?

We are sailing with Uniworld, and I am trying to figure out what time I should select for a flight from Amsterdam.

We had people leave the ship from about 6am, most were around 8-9 after breakfast, it depended on flights and trains, taxis to hotels were organised from about 9..I think there was a deadline of about 9.30-10 that everyone had to be off, to get the ship ready for the new passengers.

You generally arrange your airport taxis with the reception area the night before. In Amsterdam, you could walk to the train station and take the train to the airport if you wanted. As the OP stated, people leave from 6am onwards with everyone off by 9:30am or so.

If you are sailing with Uniworld, then airport transfers are included. There will be an explanation of the process by the CD - usually the 2nd last night on board.

You give Uniworld the flight time - and they will make all the arrangements. As stated above, most people are off the boat around 9. But, if your flight leaves later, they may just ask you to be out of your room, and they will store your luggage until it is time to leave. You can use the lounge, wander off the boat etc.

They will have you to the airport at least 2 hours ahead of your flight. You usually are grouped with other passengers who are leaving around the same time.

Fran

If you booked air transportation via the cruise line, you usually have to be at the airport 1.5 - 2 h prior to departure due to their travel insurance. I once ended up with 2 canadian guests at Nuremberg Airport at 4.30 am :/

But actually disembarkation & embarkations can overlap. When I did airport representation the disembarking groups usually started from 6 am - 2 pm and arrivals from 10 am - 4 pm

Archived