Packing for a toddler

CBJ

All the inflatable pools I've seen would be easy enough to inflate by mouth. But they make some really small pumps now. Check out an outdoor store (R.E.I etc)

I too am curious about where you get the water. I'm surprised nobody minds you doing this on the pool deck. Given the reason why they're not allowed in the pool to begin with I find it hard to believe they're fine with just dumping to water back on deck for people to walk through barefooted. (Not disputing just making a statement)

Great idea about the box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the inflatable pools I've seen would be easy enough to inflate by mouth. But they make some really small pumps now. Check out an outdoor store (R.E.I etc)

I too am curious about where you get the water. I'm surprised nobody minds you doing this on the pool deck. Given the reason why they're not allowed in the pool to begin with I find it hard to believe they're fine with just dumping to water back on deck for people to walk through barefooted. (Not disputing just making a statement)

Great idea about the box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right! Well I figured most were blowing these things up by mouth but I have asthma so that option wouldn't work for me. I was wondering if there was possibly somewhere on the ship that could blow it up. I'd hate to waste valuable space packing a pump I'm only going to use once. I could always pack it in the extra bag though.

And yes that's another good question. What do you do with the water after you're done? I don't think tossing it overboard would be an option.

The inflatable bath tubs are very small and easy to blow up for someone who doesn't have an issue. There isn't anywhere on a ship that provides this service, so I think a small pump is the best bet. The bucket or two of water goes into one of the many drains (that you don't notice until you're looking for a place to drain an inflatable tub).

There is always plenty of room for one of these little tubs between two lounge chairs as long as you're not right at the most crowded area near the pool.

Best,

Mia

The inflatable bath tubs are very small and easy to blow up for someone who doesn't have an issue. There isn't anywhere on a ship that provides this service' date=' so I think a small pump is the best bet. The bucket or two of water goes into one of the many drains (that you don't notice until you're looking for a place to drain an inflatable tub).

There is always plenty of room for one of these little tubs between two lounge chairs as long as you're not right at the most crowded area near the pool.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Ahhh now I see. You use the bucket to fill it up. Duh!!! OK, I was completely drawing a blank on that one. LOL Thanks for the reply. I tried the little pool last summer when my daughter was around 10-11 months old and she hated it (but has always loved bath time even as a newborn)! I'm hoping that she'll enjoy it this year since she's a little older. She also loves to hang with the big kids so this will be a welcomed distraction on the Lido since she won't be able to get into any of the pools.

• 6 months later...

Just popped back to the conversation and see there are some questions. The staff never seemed to mind about the little pool since we kept it between our two lounge chairs and out of any high traffic areas. We blew it up by mouth, filled it (not very much) by dunking it into the regular pool and then disposed of the water by pouring it down the pool-shower drain poolside. Definitely don't fill it up so much that you can't lift it. Plus, the one we brought with us was super-tiny--probably 24 inches in diameter and we filled it an inch or two deep. just to cool off and splash a bit.

Depending on the use it got, we'd either throw it away at the end, or deflate and bring home.

Just wanted to point out, that every child is different, however our son loves to people watch, observe everything and take it all in. The downfall to that though, is the fact that he hardly ate food. He'd eat some, a little or nothing. So then we figured we'd order him room service before going to get our lunch so there was little distraction in the room. This worked great, but sometimes he just wasn't hungry.

I love the bubble idea! I will need to put this on my cruise packing list for our cruise in March since we have a balcony.

Archived