trips out when on Dream, treasures of the med

carrs

hi all First time cruisers party of 4 on the Dream treasures of the med.

8th June, we looked at the Rome trip as a deffo, what other trips that thomson do are worth looking at on this week cruise,

any help will be great.

Carrs

hi all First time cruisers party of 4 on the Dream treasures of the med.

8th June, we looked at the Rome trip as a deffo, what other trips that thomson do are worth looking at on this week cruise,

any help will be great.

Carrs

Hi I wouldn't bother doing a trip at calvi - it's a lovely little place with nice beach too.

If you are being taken to Sorrento, unless you have a particular desire to see other places like Herculaneum (I enjoyed that better then Pompeii to be honest) you could just spend your time in Sorrento. We had intended to do the Herculaneum trip as a DiY but then decided to go with Thomson and thought it was excellent mainly because we had a great guide who brought it all to life for us. I think that was a half-day trip so if they offer that you could perhaps get the best of both worlds - see one of the famous historical sites and then spend a few hours wandering around Sorrento itself afterwards.

Palamos has a long stretch of beach and quite good shops but I'm not sure which trips go from here (except for Barcelona) but I'd think of perhaos investigating that one as there's not a lot in Palamos. Barcelona is a wonderful city if you haven't been but I'm not sure how far away it is from Palamos and how long you would get there.

I'm sure there will be some more suggestions forthcoming. Happy planning!:)

Archived