Grand Occasion Package

newfarmers

Has anyone bought this for an Australian based Princess cruise? If yes, did you think it was worth the dollars and how many dollars was it? Even for a non-Aus cruise, the same applies.

[URL="http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/celebrations/special_occasions/index.jsp"]http://www.princess.com/learn/onboar...ions/index.jsp[/URL]

"Welcome Aboard" Dom Perignon Champagne [B](I love a glass or two of bubbly, especially good bubbly!)
[/B]A framed formal portrait [B](possibly a big pass on this one although my mum would love it)
[/B]Champagne breakfast in bed - a half bottle of French champagne delivered with breakfast to your stateroom the morning of your choice [B](more French bubbly!)
[/B]Two Princess Cruises waffle robes - gifts for you to take home
A visit to the Lotus Spa® - one 25-minute therapeutic massage or facial per person
Canapés or petit fours delivered to your stateroom on a selected evening
A personalized invitation from the Captain to visit the bridge while in port [B](yes please!!)
[/B]14-piece Godiva heart-shaped box of chocolates
Item #1100 - $535.00 per couple
Invite by the Captain to the bridge says 'while in port'. This potentially will affect any pre-booked shorex? Do you know what port before you board?

Yes, an extravagance, but I'll only be 50 once!
All advice welcomed
Pete

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]We did this for our wedding/honeymoon on board. Both my husband and I loved it and would recommend it. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]These packages are one of the few ways to get a tour of the bridge. On our cruise, the bridge tour was on a sea day (contrary to the description). We did not know this until the 2nd or 3rd day when the invitation showed up. We also thought it would be a port day and were worried about a conflict. I assume it is up to the Captain to decide if it is safe to have the tour when the ship is moving. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Make sure you have space for the robes in your suitcase to take home. They are not thin robes, but rather thick.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Mara4166'][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]We did this for our wedding/honeymoon on board. Both my husband and I loved it and would recommend it. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]These packages are one of the few ways to get a tour of the bridge. On our cruise, the bridge tour was on a sea day (contrary to the description). We did not know this until the 2nd or 3rd day when the invitation showed up. We also thought it would be a port day and were worried about a conflict. I assume it is up to the Captain to decide if it is safe to have the tour when the ship is moving. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Make sure you have space for the robes in your suitcase to take home. They are not thin robes, but rather thick.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thanks so much Mara

I'd forgotten to look for responses on the Princess board! So happy you thought it was worth it. My partner decided to go ahead and book it and we're both very excited. No worries for us about the robes and space as we're taking a cab to and from the pier here in Brisbane (Australia). That's one of the reasons we booked this trip, all of our other cruises have involved long flights to and from.

Out of interest, how many people were on the bridge visit with you.

Thanks again for your response.

Peter

Archived