Barcelona Hotel with a 6 year old

vegas321

We are looking for suggestions for a pre-cruise hotel for 3 nights in July. We will be traveling with our 6 year old daughter so will need a triple room or sofa bed. Have never been to Barcelona, so we're not sure on what area of the city to choose. Would prefer a hotel with a swimming pool.

Thanks

We stayed at the hotel Arts in Barcelona in 2007, when my son was six years old and it worked out great. http://www.hotelartsbarcelona.com/

We had a HUGE suite. It was like an apartment. The room service was excellent and had family friendly things like Caesar Salad and Pizza. The breakfasts were good too. LOVED it there. It does have a pool and is near the beach.

There is a funicular there that takes you up to Montjuic which my son enjoyed. The Red Line HOHO bus picks up in front of the hotel and my son was reasonably happy to ride up top for the 2.5 hour ride. We never got off because there were tons of people at each city stop and we didn't want to risk losing our prime seats and waiting for with hordes of people for the next bus. A taxi to Parc Guell will be about 15 Euros from the hotel, which is where I suspect your 6 year old will have the most fun.

The cruise port is in walking distance to the Hotel- although with luggage would be difficult but that's how close it is to the port.

Barcelona07.jpg.4d7b100f022b7f511ae88db31166950e.jpg

We are looking for suggestions for a pre-cruise hotel for 3 nights in July. We will be traveling with our 6 year old daughter so will need a triple room or sofa bed. Have never been to Barcelona, so we're not sure on what area of the city to choose. Would prefer a hotel with a swimming pool.

Thanks

The Hotel Arts triple is large at 45m² but is quite expensive at around €375 a night in July

Have a look at these alternatives

Moderno - triple room (3 singles) - 19m² around €135

Regencia Colón - triple room (3 singles) - 20m² around €135

Flor Parks - twin room with an extra bed - 25m² around €145

Lleó - triple room (double + single) - 25m² around €170

Jazz - triple room (double + single) - size unknown around €220

Of these the Lleó and Jazz both have pools

Have a look at these and other hotels in my hotel list (link in my signature).

You will see a column showing which hotels have rooms for 3 or more people and, where available, some notes about the rooms

We stayed at the hotel Arts in Barcelona in 2007 <snip>

The cruise port is in walking distance to the Hotel- although with luggage would be difficult but that's how close it is to the port.

For me, that is quite a long walk even without luggage (around 3.5 miles from the hotel to the ship) :eek:. Or did you mean to Drassanes for the port bus which is around 1.5 miles?

The day of our cruise my son and I walked to the port and up on the bridge. It was a nice walk. I am not suggesting it with luggage! It was about a mile not 3.5 miles.

If it was a mile to the ship then it was not the Hotel Arts.

Hotel Arts is one of the two large tower blocks near Port Olimpic along Ronda Litoral. It is 4km (2.5 miles) from here to Columbus monument. You then have the walk across the bridge to the ship.

Is this the hotel you stayed in (the tower to the left of the picture)?

HotelArts_zps8115ebec.jpg

No wonder you were questioning me. I was mixed up. The time we stayed in Barcelona when we walked we stayed at the Hotel Eurostar Grand Marina. My apologies. Here is that link: http://www.grandmarinahotel.com/es/hotel.html. I preferred the Hotel Arts but they are both modern and similar.

I walked there with my six year old- up onto the bridge. We didn't do this when we boarded. We just walked there from the hotel so that we could see the ship up close. If you say it is 2.5 miles I believe you but it didn't seem that long. I'm a walker though!

It is just over 1.5 miles walking from Eurostars Grand Marina hotel over the bridge to the ship (assuming it is docked at Moll Adossat).

Some smaller ships dock very close to this hotel at the WTC terminals.

I was just concerned that someone would book Hotel Arts thinking they would be near the ship :)

Archived