Villa Rossa restaurant vs. Black Crab on Divina

tbmrt

I see many pics of the Black Crab restaurant, but none of Villa Rossa, even on MSC USA site.

I understand that you are assigned to one restaurant and the menus are the same, but just curious as to the decor differences.

Input appreciated.

Barbara

Good question would love to hear myself

I see many pics of the Black Crab restaurant, but none of Villa Rossa, even on MSC USA site.

I understand that you are assigned to one restaurant and the menus are the same, but just curious as to the decor differences.

Input appreciated.

Barbara

Looking forward to seeing them........ Could you also find out if they are still letting kids in the adults only area.......was a little peeved to hear they are allowed in......hopefully it's back to what's advertised

I will be on MSC Divina next week and will take some photos of the Villa Rossa Restaurant, stay tuned :D

Ok, we liked more the Villa Rossa, 2. Seating. But thats personal taste.

THIS is the Villa Rossa, Deck 6, only accecable via Deck 7 last chairs.

1222.jpg

1221.jpg

THIS IS THE BLACK CRAB, Deck 5 + 6 with stairs

1223.jpg

1224.jpg

And last but not least: LE MUSE for Yacht Club, or sometimes if its empty...

1225.jpg

My advice....first day you choose the restaurant they give you. If you like it and the table and waiter, stay there. Ask the Maitre, wether you can change one day, or change completly the next day. If you ask friendly, they will try to make you happy. But you cannot change every day.

Any tips I'm travelling on divina in 3 weeks? Did you enjoy

The cruise etc?

So, here is not enough space to tell and might be to personal.:)

Give me some details where you go and what you want to know

by mail or PM. The ship is very nice. Enjoyed? 5 Star.

Ok, we liked more the Villa Rossa, 2. Seating. But thats personal taste.

THIS is the Villa Rossa, Deck 6, only accecable via Deck 7 last chairs.

1222.jpg

1221.jpg

THIS IS THE BLACK CRAB, Deck 5 + 6 with stairs

1223.jpg

1224.jpg

And last but not least: LE MUSE for Yacht Club, or sometimes if its empty...

1225.jpg

Just off the Divina 10 days ago and the top 4 pics are all of the Black Crab. Will try to post some pics I have of Villa Rossa (our dining room)...not sure how to do it.

We made a friend who started out in the Black Crab (I believe this dining room is for frequent MSC cruisers), who chose to join our table in Villa Rossa. She told us the menu was exactly the same. The decor is somewhat nicer in the Black Crab but not enough to make a difference to us.

• 2 weeks later...
We have just returned from a lovely cruise onboard the MSC Divina and as promised, here are some photos from Villa Rossa which I took on my phototour:)

A really great restaurant with nice furnitures, great views aft and a cozy atmosphere.

msc447_zps686eebb0.jpg

msc448_zps1153d036.jpg

msc449_zpsfcc94871.jpg

msc450_zps7b037fb8.jpg

msc451_zps4a0bf6ac.jpg

Thanks so much for the pics!

• 6 months later...

We just returned from our cruise on the MSC Divina and highly recommend the Villa Rossa over the Black Crab dining room.

The Villa Rossa is somewhat smaller and enhanced with glorious panoramic windows. It is a beautiful design as you can see from previously posted photos of deep reds, textured black designs and gold (compared to the more muted black, gold and plum colors of the crowded and somewhat cramped Black Crab).

The Villa Rossa also provides a more intimate setting thanks to its much more open setting and site lines, especially for those special nights and taking in all the "action" and comraderie of the dining room.

Our two top table #8640 could not have been better (and with great access with larger neighboring tables, including wonderful members of a Swedish choir and an Italian family reunion).

And while this may certainly not be true of all cruises, the Villa Rossa had decidely far less younger children than found in the Black Crab!

Archived