Baggage Question

DRA

I agree with smeyer, "not required to but its a good idea anyway".

We put them on our carryon as well as our camera bag in the event that we had too many drinks of the day, or other causes of memory lapse, we left them sitting someplace. Hopefully they would find their way back to us. Luckily we didnt have to test that out....

We have 8 baggage tags for our bags. Do we need to tag our carry ons?

I would put baggage tags on everything. I left one piece of luggage at the pier and had to pay $65 to have it sent to me. It was a good thing I had my name and address on the piece. I was happy to get it back.

When is it best to put the cruiseline tags on? Just before arrival at the cruiseport?

I've read before not to have them on your bags when flying. (Such as when flying to airports with higher "missing items" reports like Miami) We're flying to Seattle, overnighting, then taking Amtrak the following morning. I was thinking of putting the NCL tags on before boarding Amtrak (same day of cruise)... that way if something gets lost on the train then someone might know to deliver to the cruiseship instead of back home to Texas. Of course we'll have our cell phone number, but you never know what type of day your cell phone will be having as far as reception.:rolleyes:

Normally we put cruiseline bagtags on when deplaning/overnighting - at the point of taking a cab to the cruiseport. This time there's the train involved, so I didn't know if best to put them on before/after the train. (We probably have our name/address/phone in three different places on each bag anyway for just normal identification, and always remove the plane bagtags after collecting luggage)

Suggest you put them on just before boarding the train..

However before leaving home, you should also print up your entire itinerary, including the ships ports with dates & times..

Put it in an enclosed luggage tag with a note "itineray enclosed"..Place the itinerary both on the inside of each piece of luggage, where it can be easily seen (I attach mine with a wrap tie to the inside zipper pocket on top) & also on the outside of each piece.. If it's a long itinerary you can put it into WORD & print it in size 8 or 6 font..

Have seen these special "Itinerary luggage tags" from several companies on-line...They say "Itinerary enclosed" in 6-8 different languages on the outside & a place to insert your itinerary..They can be expensive, so I make up my own & hope that the person looking for me reads English..LOL

Enjoy your cruise..

My husband left a carryon at the x-ray machine while embarking. Luckily, I had tagged everything so it was delivered to our cabin before we knew it was missing!

I also put our itinerary, home address, and phone numbers inside the bags "just in case"

Archived