Island Princess re: Caribe furniture and Waffles

cutetrill

Hey, so.. Heading on an Alaskan Cruise end of May and just managed to snag one of the larger balcony cabins on Caribe deck (not all of them are large and I had a smaller size balcony on Caribe previously. Feel like I got an upgrade even though my cabin category hasn't changed!) Anyway, I know there's been lots of threads on the balcony furniture on here, and was wondering if anyone had any more recent pictures or info on what furniture they have out there now? Two chairs? Four chairs? Footstools or no? I've been searching Youtube for recent videos showing balconies on the Island even if it's only someone swinging the camera around for a half a second and haven't had any luck.

I also saw a tip on here a long time ago about Waffles and made to order omelets at like the pizza place or grill or something but I can't find the thread again to check. Am I correct? We've got some early excursions in Skagway and Juneau and don't want to worry about braving the lines with everyone else trying to get off the ship early in the Horizon Court, but I still want to be able to eat a nice breakfast that will hold us over till we can get back to the ship after say 2pm to grab lunch. I want to get off the ship at 7am.

Thanks for the help you guys this board has been an absolute wealth of information for me. I love planning vacations and things and you're really fueling the addiction :) I already know about the secret decks forward and aft on Baja and Caribe, and cookies at the Patisserie, but do you guys have any other tips I might have missed? :D

Hey, so.. Heading on an Alaskan Cruise end of May and just managed to snag one of the larger balcony cabins on Caribe deck (not all of them are large and I had a smaller size balcony on Caribe previously. Feel like I got an upgrade even though my cabin category hasn't changed!) Anyway, I know there's been lots of threads on the balcony furniture on here, and was wondering if anyone had any more recent pictures or info on what furniture they have out there now? Two chairs? Four chairs? Footstools or no? I've been searching Youtube for recent videos showing balconies on the Island even if it's only someone swinging the camera around for a half a second and haven't had any luck.

I also saw a tip on here a long time ago about Waffles and made to order omelets at like the pizza place or grill or something but I can't find the thread again to check. Am I correct? We've got some early excursions in Skagway and Juneau and don't want to worry about braving the lines with everyone else trying to get off the ship early in the Horizon Court, but I still want to be able to eat a nice breakfast that will hold us over till we can get back to the ship after say 2pm to grab lunch. I want to get off the ship at 7am.

Thanks for the help you guys this board has been an absolute wealth of information for me. I love planning vacations and things and you're really fueling the addiction :) I already know about the secret decks forward and aft on Baja and Caribe, and cookies at the Patisserie, but do you guys have any other tips I might have missed? :D

I saw the same thread. Check your Pitter Patter for where they Omelet & Waffle stations are going to be located on your ship (usually somewhere on the lido deck from 6:30 to 9:30AM). When you look at Pitter Patter, don't look under the food venues, you'll find it in a separate box.

We were just on the Island in January. At that time, the mini-suites had the new furniture with two reclining chairs, two ottomans and a table while the larger Caribe deck balconies had the old furniture with two fixed chairs, two reclining chairs and a table. Who knows what will be there in May :confused:

The open deck breakfast at the Pizzeria was open from 7:00-10:00 AM on port days and 7:30-10:30 AM on sea days. Horizon Court was open at 6:00 AM all days. Both the Pizzeria and the HC had a made to order omelete station and they had waffles, but usually pre-made. You will need to brave the HC if you want to get off the ship by 7:00 AM. Note that even if you get into port at 7:00 AM you made not be cleared for disembarkation until closer to 7:30 AM.

How do u check if ur balcony is one of e larger ones on carrib deck? Mine's c331 on island princess. Thanks!

Really have to just look on the deck plans. You can tell there are different size balconies when you look at them all.

Archived