Independence of the Seas 9704

I just booked 9704 aft balcony on Independence of the Seas...now I'm having second thoughts. We've never done an aft balcony before. We went on Oasis last year, so we won't really mind the walk. I've seen opinions on both sides. Help!! (i just noticed the RC website says it has a single door and limited ocean view. Is this a problem?)

We love the aft but prefer 7708 or 7408 with the huge corner balcony and full slider. I'd take any aft over midship anytime though.

The hallways are quiet. No worries about smokers. Beautiful wake views. Imagine watching the islands disappear from view as you sail away.

We love the aft but prefer 7708 or 7408 with the huge corner balcony and full slider. I'd take any aft over midship anytime though.

The hallways are quiet. No worries about smokers. Beautiful wake views. Imagine watching the islands disappear from view as you sail away.

Apparently this sailing is pretty full. 9704 was the only aft available and it has a smaller balcony (for an aft). Just not sure whether to keep it or not.

I found photos and this aft has a smaller balcony, single door with window in top half, and large round window (instead of full sliding balcony door). I'm still a little unsure, but we're keeping it.

Hey There!

I sailed on Indy in 9704 just over a month ago, do not give up that cabin! I also had reservations about it but let me clear the air here.

- The walk is not far if you are not a lazy person and do not have mobility issues. I timed it from the stairwell to the room... 40 seconds :)

- The balcony is great, we arrived to find two loungers, two chairs and a table with extra space

- The room is no different in size to the other cabins I have stayed in

- The "limited ocean view" is not an issue at all. the window in the room is big enough for you to sit in if you care to.

- Serious Perk!: the reason I booked this room is you are above the super structure at the back of freedom class ships. you look straight and down to ocean almost all directions.

- If you are stopping in falmouth you literally have the best room on the ship to watch yourself come into port. They will turn the ship around about a mile out and back into port on your side of the ship, very fun to watch.

- Very little wind, just a slight breeze.

- We could see stars every night from our room, no light pollution to take away our view

I hope this all helps in your decision and happy sailing :)

Thanks cruzer52!!

My girlfriend and I are booked in 9404 on the Independence in December!

I really appreciate the photo and you clearing the air! We are so excited for this cabin!

Did you upload any photos of the room/balcony to cruise critc?

Cruzer52, thanks so much for your response. I had seen photos but was still unsure. We don't really care about walking distance...we were on Oasis last summer and walked miles! You have put my mind at ease. We just thought we'd try something different since it was available. Ready to go!

Archived