TSA Changes Rules for Small Knives in Carry-On Luggage

tommy2tone_1999

It's not crazy when you think of it this way, but it still makes you shake your head. The Administration came out and said that because of the sequester, they will have less TSA agents at airports which will result in longer waits at airports. Now, none of us honestly believes that a TSA agent is going to increase their work effort. They will just find a way to let more people go through the line faster. VOILA! now they let small knives on airplanes. Whenever you try to figure out government reasoning, you have to check your logic in at the door.:D

I think its ridiculous to allow the sharp objects on carry-ons but not allow larger size of body lotions, body washes, etc. I'd like to write the genius that came up with that idea. :rolleyes:

They claim it's to be more in line with international flying regulations. While I don't necessarily think you can't survive a flight without your pocket knife but some of the fees to take sports equipment on planes were quite ridiculous. I'd like to think we live in a society where we don't have to worry about a hockey stick coming out as a weapon. Heck, most cost an arm and a leg.

They claim it's to be more in line with international flying regulations. While I don't necessarily think you can't survive a flight without your pocket knife but some of the fees to take sports equipment on planes were quite ridiculous. I'd like to think we live in a society where we don't have to worry about a hockey stick coming out as a weapon. Heck, most cost an arm and a leg.

Seems like they cost some teeth too. At least that's what I figured based on the people I've seen using them.

:D

I think it's crazy you can now carry a small knife on board but you still can NOT carry your shampoo! LOL.

I thinking maybe you are mixing cruise line and air line.:) You can carry shampoo onto the ship, just not the airplane....how I haven't gotten things mixed up...if I have..sorry....:eek:

I think it's crazy you can now carry a small knife on board but you still can NOT carry your shampoo! LOL.

Why do they allow ANY knife or sharp object of ANY size onboard on your person or in carryon luggage is beyond me.

My FIL carrys a pocket knife everywhere with him.

In 12 years, I have seen him use it twice, to clean under his fingernails....:rolleyes:

Bill

My FIL carrys a pocket knife everywhere with him. In 12 years, I have seen him use it twice, to clean under his fingernails....:rolleyes:

Bill

It's just "a thing".. I carry a very small swiss army 'type' of knife that was given to me from an airline that I worked with. Very little use, but I just feel like I need it!! Sentimental. Have had 'It' for 30 years and 'Just can't leave home without it' !! Pack it my bags thought when flying.. :)

Archived