Buck Island Day Tour??

Does anyone know of a tour to Buck Island for cruise passengers? I have heard that the snorkeling there is great...

Fantasy '95

Fantasy '96

Paradise '98

Paradise '99

Grand Princess '02

Grand Princess '03

Pride '03

Paradise '04

Caribbean Princess '04

Yes several ships (don't know which ones) have an excursion to Buck Island or Turtle Cove (same place). This is not the Buck Island Marine Reserve off of St. Croix; its another Buck Island.

--Islander

For more information on the Virgin Islands visit http://www.***** the best guide to St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. John and Water Island. Includes a Cruise Guide to the USVI (ferry info, taxi rates, beach guide, dock info, cruies ship schedule and more).

If you're sailing on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity, check out the Buck Island sail and snorkle trip. You are on a boat with ONLY 6 PEOPLE, where all the other trips out there are on cattlemarans. It was the best tour we did on our whole trip. The boat was great and the sailing and snorkeling were the best. Check it out!

We are on Princess and I don't know of any tours to Buck Island that they offer. I have heard of a tour called Doubloon, but the company does not answer my emails...anyone heard of them or something similar not through a cruise line???

Fantasy '95

Fantasy '96

Paradise '98

Paradise '99

Grand Princess '02

Grand Princess '03

Pride '03

Paradise '04

Caribbean Princess '04

We were on RC Mariner the wk. of 4/11 and booked Buck Island sail/snorkel. It was very well organized and I highly recommend it. We had only 5 cruisers on our sailboat, along with Capt. Dave and 1st mate Diane. Diane was in the water and led a long swim/snorkel following the reef. They had books on board to ID the fish. This was a nice intimate trip--so much better than the big crowd on a catamaran snorkeling expedition.

Mariner 4/11/04

Galaxy 2002

Century 2001

Consmarci-

I've never been on the Doubloon, but I've heard about it from some people who have. They say it's more of a "party boat", and that there were a LOT of other passengers on board with them. You still get to do the snorkelling and all of that, but if you're not looking for a party atmosphere, my friends tell me you should stay away from that one. But if that IS what you want, go for it!

*Carnival Inspiration 3/02/03*

*Celebrity Century 10/30/04*

• 6 years later...

My family of 4 will be traveling in Dec. on FOS (me (50),my DH (50),DS(17),and DD(12). We will be in St. Thomas one day 11-7 and want to do a 1/2 day snorkeling excursion. We've narrowed it down to: Fury Charters, Island Girl, or Bones which I think is through RC and goes to Christmas/Honeymoon Cove. I'd appreciate any thoughts on which would be best or any other recommendations. Small group might be nice, but DH thinks it might be more fun with a few more people. I'm prone to sea-sickness, but will be taking meds.

Thanks for any help!!

We were on Island Girl with Celebrity. We had a fun time and the staff was terrific but they tend to put the emphasis on party. Made several comments about that's why we were all there anyway and no, I actually was there to snorkel. Snorkeling was OK, we saw a sea turtle but that's about it. I don't think St Thomas is the best snorkel stop.

Archived