First time RCCL - NOS in the Med!

Hi - I've convinced my family to branch out from a 10-year Disney Cruise line obsession (DH said NO MORE) and are all excited about our first European cruise and our first experience with RCCL! I've read the FAQs here and as much as I could sort through on the RCCL website, but have found some conflicting info, so thought I'd ask here for first-hand experience. I couldn't crack the code on making search work very well, so if the answer is a sigh and a link to a regularly-occurring thread, I apologize!

We are booked in a GS with an interior across the hall. Since there were no connecting available , we had to book one adult into each stateroom, which wasn't a surprise. The phone rep told me we would all be traveling on the same SeaPass, and so there wouldn't be any problem with my husband having access to the concierge lounge (yup, I was smart and booked ME into the GS!) One of the FAQs on this site indicates that guests in linked rooms do NOT have concierge privileges. Which is true?

FSP - I know these are Coke products (yay! DC is my "coffee"), but what Coke products do they have available? How about Sprite Zero or any root beers?

Specialty restaurants - are these adult only? I can't really tell.

Teen spa - is the treatment list available somewhere on-line? Found the master list for adults, but wondering if the teen offerings are different.

I read about the 2-bottle-of-wine rule and the "no non-alcoholic beverage carried on-board" rule that also seems to be quietly overlooked most of the time. For those who have boarded in Europe, has that experience been the same in terms of carrying on water?

Room service menu - is this available somewhere on line or has someone posted an image? Not sure if it is the same for all ships?

Curfew - I saw that for 12-14s, there is an 11pm curfew for being unaccompanied. Personally, I love that as it makes the rule-setting all that much easier for my 14-year old. Is it actually enforced, I hope? (Not that I won't be my own personal Enforcer, but having back-up is always a nice touch.)

Thank you so much and sorry for the deluge of questions! We are really psyched for something new.

So glad you're trying Royal Caribbean.

We love RCCL and DCL. Navigator of the Seas is a lovely class of ship, especially with older children.

- the room service menu is the same on all ships

- Coke products include Coke (reg & diet), Sprite (reg and zero (diet)), ginger ale, tonic water. I don't know if NOS has Freestyle machines or not. On some European sailings they sometimes add on other Coke product cans such as Fanta

- children can dine in the speciality restaurants

- I'm not sure about adjoining or interconnected rooms and CL privileges. Sorry

- teen spa - sorry no info

- carry on non alcoholic. My experience is they don't bother if you carry on water or soda in Europe

- re: the curfew. I have always seen examples of this being enforced

Hope you have a GREAT TIME !!!!

We had an "enforcement of curfew" incident with my then 16 year old son. Not only was it enforced, but they left a note in the stateroom, and stopped DH and made him visit guest services when he tried to go to his excursion the following AM. I can vouch that it is enforced.

They are in the process of upgrading the ships for the soda program. Some ships have the new "custom" flavor coke machines. I am not sure if they are planning on rolling this out system wide or not, or what the time frame is.

We have been on Disney and loved it. When the kids got older we switched to RCCL and found it a great fit for the older kids.

Although kids CAN dine in the specialty restaurants, you may find that your kids, like mine, would rather eat with their friends in the buffet, and you can eat with your spouse in the specialty restaurant alone (like a date night!) As my kids have gotten older, Formal Night is the only required night to eat with us (we do family portraits then). My DD will opt to eat fast and return to the kids club/teen club. My DS loves the MDR and often opts to eat there with us.

Not sure about the CL question or the teen spa either.

You're going to love Navigator, we're booked for the third time this September.

In our experience they are much more flexible with the drink rules in Europe, water should not be a problem, we've never been stopped from taking any drinks.

There is a teen spa menu, I remember seeing a flyer once in the CL, possibly on Navigator, I only have a son so didn't pay much interest. Maybe email the concierge nearer to the time if you have no joy on here.

There are links to the room service menu on here if you search(Norberts Niece posts I think). They are the same on all ships but you can also order anything on the MDR menu during opening hours in a suite.

My son is 18 now so I may be out of touch but I'm pretty sure the curfew is 1pm for teens, in my experience they do enforce it though.

Hope this helps,

Julie

Archived