Questions about Winifred

OceanCruise

For those of you who have sailed on Winifred, were you able to do any fishing? Does the captain teach the teenagers how to sail or steer the boat? Is there a toilet and changing area or an area below deck to get out of the sun? I am trying to decide between this ship and the Jester.

I asked in an email before our December sail and was told that you can fish while you are sailing. Sharon asked my DH if he wanted to and he declined.
There is a toilet and a kitchen area below. I suppose you could change there, but it is easier to just wear your swimsuit with a coverup, or shorts and Tshirt over it. Don't forget your beach towel.
There is shade the entire time if you sit at the back where the table is, and where the captain steers. (Okay, I am showing my ignorance but don't know how else to describe it.)
There were no children on our sail, so I am not sure about that. I have read that Sharon is very good with children, and her first mate, Tommy, is young and has lots of energy and I am sure that teenagers would love him. He snorkels with you and taught a couple to dive down on our trip.
The Winifred is awesome!

I agree, the Winifred was great! We just got back from a sail with her on 4/14. There were 5 of us, me and my wife and our 3 kids ages 14, 12 and 8. We didn't ask about doing any fishing, but I'm sure you could. Not sure if Ms. Sharon has fishing gear for you to use or if you'd have to bring your own. I found if you email her, she's pretty prompt in replying. Her and I are still trading emails because I keep sending her some cool pictures we took from the trip. There is a toilet and changing area and place where you can get out of the sun. None of our kids asked to steer the boat, they were too busy relaxing or taking in the beautiful sites. I'd highly recommend her, it was the higlight of our cruise.

hi jeffyd,
my family and i just booked the winifred for dec and are realy looking forward to it. justa question , it it really 20 min to red hook and will she be back ontime aprox 3-330p to catch our ship with departs at 500pm.
would hate to be stuck in st thomas becuase the ship is at sea the next day.
thanks,,,
richterscale

Nordic Prince 88 Homeric 89 Seaward 89 Sovereign 94 Majesty 01 Disney Magic 02 Jewel 04

richterscale, My husband and I sailed with Sharron in Feb, it was great. Loved everything about that day. It is a drive to red hook, I would say it took a good 20min. Sharron is very good about getting you back on time so you will make your ship. No worrys

Cunard
Norwegian Wind 3/01
Royal Caribbean Monarch Of The Seas 11/02
Star Princess 4/03
Sun Princess 2/04
Carnival Conquest 6/13/04

Hi richterscale,

I agree with azrenne, Sharon is very good about getting you back in plenty of time. While we were on the boat, she called a taxi driver from her cell phone and had her waiting for us when we returned. She even asked the driver to take us back a different way than we came so we could see different sights and the driver stopped at several lookout places for us to take pictures. Ms. Sharon makes sure you are completely satisfied. She even emailed me the day we got back to make sure the taxi driver took good care of us. She is the best, you won't be disappointed!

Without stops, it is about a 20 minute taxi drive from the port to the Winifred's marina. Enjoy!

Three e-mails and a confirm in less than 3 days is outstanding in my book. We were lucky because we won't be sailing until Dec.04. She is already booked with my 4. She already had a party of 2. Imagine that.!!
Lived in RI, the ocean state, and never have been on a sail boat.!
Thanks for all your great posts everybody!!

Nordic Prince 88 Homeric 89 Seaward 89 Sovereign 94 Majesty 01 Disney Magic 02 Jewel 04

Archived