Star Clipper - June 29, 2013 - Athens to Venice

LTCOP

We are very excited to be going back on the Star Clipper for this cruise! This is such a wonderful itinerary. Hope there are others wanting to plan and get ready for the cruise:-)

Pam

All

Does anyone have suggestions for a hotel in Athens for June 28? We are flying in and want a hotel and reliable travel service to the Ship..and have heard mixed messages about taxis, etc in Greece

Katie

Hi, we stayed in Best Western Museum Hotel in Oct. 2012. Booked taxi to and from airport through hotel, ontime and no problems whatsoever. Hotel itself is good, clean and comfortable, it's located right behind the archeological museum. Will be staying again in June before cruise to Istanbul. Anne

Hi Katie!

Is this your first trip to Athens? We have been there a few times, so this trip we decided to stay outside of Athens, along the ocean and are staying at the Margi in the Vouliagmeni area. It looks gorgeous, so hope it turns out as good as it looks:-)

If you want to stay in Athens, I would highly recommend the O&B (Ochre And Brown) Athens Boutique Hotel in the Psiri area. It is wonderful, had such a helpful staff, a lovely restaurant, and allows you to walk to practically all the big sites. But of course, there are many nice ones in the Plaka and around Syntagma Square. So it does kind of depend on where and what kind of experience you are looking for?:-) So many good choices:-)

For transfers - we have used Paul many times! They have always been prompt, on time, and professional. http://www.*************/

It is so nice to have someone waiting for you when you get off that long flight! We are using Paul again this time. As a matter of fact, if you are interested in staying out by the ocean, we are doing a half-day tour to Marathon with Paul and then he is dropping us at the port to get on the ship. So if you would be interested in joining us, that makes the prices so much better:-) But of course, if this is your first trip, you most likely will want to see the city:-) I am always looking to make things more affordable:-)

Pam

Thank you Pam!! I am interested in hearing more. I was Athens (forever ago) but Sean has never been, and we only have all day Friday and Saturday until the ship sails. Paul's web site did not come through on this forum, so if you wish to contact me directly, you can write to me at walshk the second part of the email (after the 'at') is ecu.edu

We are really looking forward to this trip - it looks to be exactly what we are looking for - active, laid back, not a whole city traveling (170 v 5000 passengers). Thank you for the tips so far!

Katie

Archived