British Isle Cruise tour..book seperate??

realtorlady42

I have just started researching for this cruise tour for 2014.

A couple of threads mentioned people booked early and were not able to take advantage of price reductions for the cruise because they did not apply to the cruisetour.

So I have 2 questions:

1: does anyone know if you can take advantage of price reductions when a cruise tour is booked..and if so please leave details of what you had to do to get it.

2. Can you book the cruise and the tour seperately? That way one would be able to take advantage of price reductions for the cruise. If so again how does one go about doing this?

We did an Alaskan cruise tour last june, and of course all the other tours but our specific one went on sale...whereas there is only one itinerary/offering for the BI CT I imagine it never goes on sale so we have to try to work around the system a bit.

Thanks for any and all input

Angela

I have just started researching for this cruise tour for 2014.

A couple of threads mentioned people booked early and were not able to take advantage of price reductions for the cruise because they did not apply to the cruisetour.

So I have 2 questions:

1: does anyone know if you can take advantage of price reductions when a cruise tour is booked..and if so please leave details of what you had to do to get it.

2. Can you book the cruise and the tour seperately? That way one would be able to take advantage of price reductions for the cruise. If so again how does one go about doing this?

We did an Alaskan cruise tour last june, and of course all the other tours but our specific one went on sale...whereas there is only one itinerary/offering for the BI CT I imagine it never goes on sale so we have to try to work around the system a bit.

Thanks for any and all input

Angela

Suggest that you book separately for the ireland tour. You can do a 5 day tour for about $700 vs the $2500 from Princess. Of course there a few other charges but you will likely save at least $1000 by doing it separately.

Do a search for C I E tours as one example of companies to use. There are many. Any good travel agent could assist you.

Suggest that you book separately for the ireland tour. You can do a 5 day tour for about $700 vs the $2500 from Princess. Of course there a few other charges but you will likely save at least $1000 by doing it separately.

Do a search for C I E tours as one example of companies to use. There are many. Any good travel agent could assist you.

Excellent! thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it.

This our first time to Europe so LOTS to learn about insider tips and tricks.

I have a good TA i will ask her about Irish tours.

If you have any other tips, or suggestions of good tours you know of I would love to hear them. This is one of our dream trips, so we want to make sure we take best advantage of our time and money while there.

So I have 2 questions:

With Princess, a cruisetour must be booked as just that. It cannot be booked as two different items.
As Bill says, you cannot take advantage of cruise fare reductions if you book the cruisetour. And no, you cannot book them separately.

Excellent! thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it.

This our first time to Europe so LOTS to learn about insider tips and tricks.

I have a good TA i will ask her about Irish tours.

If you have any other tips, or suggestions of good tours you know of I would love to hear them. This is one of our dream trips, so we want to make sure we take best advantage of our time and money while there.

If your TA wants you to fly from Ireland to London or Southampton be aware that luggage allowances on regional flights within Europe may be more restrictive and require up-charges. Budget this as well!

Archived