Did DCL do enough to find their missing son?

Artemis908

Actually, that's not how the system is supposed to work. All the staff would be able to say is whether or not the kiddo is in the club, not where in the club the kiddo is.

There's nothing out there from Disney about being able to locate children in the club or lab using the tags.

Sorry, I was thinking of two parts of the system and did not make myself clear- one being the RFID element which would say the kid is in the club, the other being the human element, which I hope would have some idea of where their charges are.

I've run daycamps with 300+ kids. It is a BAD day when someone on the staff can't tell me exactly where each kid is. That is what supervision is. They should have been able to tell the parents "your son is playing video games" or "he is sleeping in the corner" or "he's on the lounger talking with friends", or at least have an idea of where he was in the past 5 minutes. To me, the RFID should only be a safeguard if the human element fails.

In this case, both parts did.

I'm heavily considering Disney for a cruise with my 3 nephews. A single incident like this isn't going to change the opinion I've gathered of their kids clubs based on so many positive reviews, but it is something to think about.

Since the staff didn't know that, I would say he was missing.

If the system worked the way it should have, the staff would have been able to just say "oh, your son is over there in the corner"- the system didn't work which caused a huge amount of stress for the parents. Not 'free cruise' level, but I understand why they were so upset. Having lost track of a kid makes me really concerned on how well monitored the programs are.

I would strongly disagree....he was where he was supposed to be......this is not much different then a child playing hide and seek. He was in the rooms where he was supposed to be in.

As to the family, there is a number of issues in the story presented by the Father which do not add up right. Yet he was honest enough to clearly state he *OVER REACTED*

I do agree the RFID did have a problem, that DCL stated and I am sure is/has been looked into. I am sure DCL doesn't want the same thing to happen again.

AKK

Archived