shore excursions

rini47

We are a group of 8 on the Celebrity Solstice on Oct 4 from Honolulu. We would like to book island tours in Papeete, Bora Bora and Moorea. We would be happy to join other groups or persons ... Appreciate any feed back and suggestions

• 1 month later...

Please be careful in this country. I travel here frequently for work and lets just say that there is an abundance of seedy activities. :eek:Your best bet is to book through your cruise line. It's not worth the trouble you may encounter.

• 2 months later...

I have checked & re-checked the Celebrity Millenium cruise that we are doing out of Hawaii on 2nd November 2013, stopping at Tahitian islands en-route to Suva, Noumea then Sydney, Australia, and I CANNOT FIND ANY SHORE EXCURSION for PAPEETE - boy talk about frustrating all these searches. Found excursions for the other Tahitian island, Moorea & Bora Bora, but NOT Papeete. So now, I have bought a Lonely Planet Guide Book on Tahiti, and I can see where I can do an independant trip to some of the places out of Tahiti, in the time frame that the ship berths at Papeete.

I may even use Le Truck (now buses - would be fun with the local people) or I will take a taxi. I only want to visit Point Venus in Matavai Bay.

(Another tour operator I may use is Maramar Tours, Tahiti)

I have checked & re-checked the Celebrity Millenium cruise that we are doing out of Hawaii on 2nd November 2013, stopping at Tahitian islands en-route to Suva, Noumea then Sydney, Australia, and I CANNOT FIND ANY SHORE EXCURSION for PAPEETE - boy talk about frustrating all these searches. Found excursions for the other Tahitian island, Moorea & Bora Bora, but NOT Papeete. So now, I have bought a Lonely Planet Guide Book on Tahiti, and I can see where I can do an independant trip to some of the places out of Tahiti, in the time frame that the ship berths at Papeete.

I may even use Le Truck (now buses - would be fun with the local people) or I will take a taxi. I only want to visit Point Venus in Matavai Bay.

(Another tour operator I may use is Maramar Tours, Tahiti)

we spent several days in Papeete enroute to Moorea and Bora Bora. Honestly, there is not that much to see-- it is large and crowded and COMMERCIAL. The Le Truck is a good option.

Moorea and Bora Bora are magnificent. We stayed on each for 3 days and marveled at the beauty.

BTW-- the Tahitians are gentle, friendly people who want to please and don't expect or want tips (except in the American Restaurant Bloody Mary's on bora Bora). The crime rate is almost non-existant. not sure what a previous poster meant about it being dangerous. Tahiti is one of the safest places on the planet.

ENJOY

Thank you Lessie - We intend to either get "Le Truck" or a taxi to Point Venus, then return to Papeete, look at the markets.

We are even considering getting a taxi down either east or west coast to one of the nice Hotels on the Beach, for a swim/lunch/coffee. (They seem to be closer than Point Venus)

Archived