Allure of the Seas Restaurant Recommendations

My husband and I will be sailing on the Allure of the Seas next month and I'd like to make at least one specialty restaurant reservation. Does anyone have any recommendations as to their favorite? The only one I don't want to reserve is Chops -- only because we've had dinner there while on the Freedom and other Royal ships. It is one of my favorites!

I also need to make some reservations for the shows. This is really a different experience for me -- the first time on such a large ship.

I read these boards a lot and know that there are many experienced and helpful folks out there. Thanks for your help!

Your personal preference plays in here. If you are looking for a more romantic/foodie atmosphere, maybe 150 Central Park (or even Chef's Table)? If you are looking for more choice on the menu, Giovanni's? Carnivore and/or big meat fan, Samba? Sushi? Tapas? You see where I am going with this.

We have tried several of the specialty restaurants and never had a bad meal. Consider the type of evening/atmosphere, and food desired, and enjoy! :-)

We booked Giovanni's Table on embarkation day for lunch. It was a lovely way to begin our cruise and the food, and service, were amazing. We arrived at the terminal building at 10:50am and were boarding at 11:20am. We booked Giovanni's for 12 noon. When we had finished lunch, we went straight to our cabin (available from 1pm), left our luggage and went exploring.

Regarding show reservations, I would advise booking the Aquashow - Ocean Aria - for the first evening. The show often gets cancelled due to bad weather. If you book for the first evening and the show is cancelled, you still have other nights to see it. However, if you book to see this show near the end of your cruise and it is cancelled then you may miss it altogether. This is a 'not to be missed' show. Amazing. :)

Just returned from the Allure and did the central park dining package that gave us 150 CP, Giovanni's, & Chops. We also ate at Samba grill. 150 CP was our favorite, as it was a dining experience we have not ever had. Of course the food was great and my wife did the optional wine pairing (for an additional $75) and she liked that a lot. Keep in mind the whole 6 course meal took about 2 1/2 hours so plan accordingly if you dine there. We really enjoyed it of the 4 we went to, but they are all good choices. Have a great cruise!

Thanks to all of you. Your feedback is appreciated. I do like several types of dining but a restaurant with a superb steak is my favorite. However, I want to try something different this time and you've given me some things to think about. I've always enjoyed the main dining room and am now appreciating the specialty dining restaurants.

Thanks also for the tip for the Aquashow, vondofife. I never would have thought about the show being canceled since I've never experienced all the options on the Allure.

Archived