Question about bringing a minor that is not my child?

mjrich73

My daughter is bringing a friend with her on our cruise. Both of her parents filled out the form from NCL's website and attached a copy of their driver's licenses. Is this all I need? Or, do I also need a notarized letter/form?

Thanks!!

My daughter is bringing a friend with her on our cruise. Both of her parents filled out the form from NCL's website and attached a copy of their driver's licenses. Is this all I need? Or, do I also need a notarized letter/form?

Thanks!!

I would get a notarized letter as well signed by both parents.

Yes, it would be great to have...but is it required? I don't see anywhere on NCL's website that says it is.

You only need what they say is needed. I know they changed their form a couple years ago. We have taken friends for years and all lines require different things. The last time we took a friend on NCL, they required the form with the copy of the parents' driver's license - sounds like what you have.

The only additional thing we took, not required, was an insurance card and permission to treat medically in case of an emergency.

Thanks!!

The form is all you need for NCL; however, I always bring a seperate notarized letter giving me authorization to make medical decisions, etc. God forbid something goes wrong, the NCL form isn't going to mean squat!

The form is all you need for NCL; however, I always bring a seperate notarized letter giving me authorization to make medical decisions, etc. God forbid something goes wrong, the NCL form isn't going to mean squat!

I do the same thing. I take my nieces away and my parents do as well and my sis always has a notarized letter stating that she gives permission to travel with us as we'll as make any medical decisions. Also you should get a copy of the child's medical ins info just in case of an emergency.

The legal name of the form I would take is "in loco parentis". There are plenty online that you can download for no cost. Just using the NCL form may not be sufficient if lets say you were in a local hospital off the ship. It can also be used for international air travel if such arrangements need to be made

Archived