Eclipse Balcony Partition

pb3053

We will be sailing on the Eclipse this year with my sister who has an adjoining Concierge balcony cabin.

This is our first time sailing with Celebrity and we would be grateful if someone could advise us if the cabin steward is able to provide us with a key so that we may open the balcony partition to my sisters adjoining cabin when we wish to during the voyage ?. For convenience we would have liked to have kept the key for our use during the voyage but I am suspecting that perhaps for security reasons the cabin steward wont wish to do that.

We will be sailing on the Eclipse this year with my sister who has an adjoining Concierge balcony cabin.

This is our first time sailing with Celebrity and we would be grateful if someone could advise us if the cabin steward is able to provide us with a key so that we may open the balcony partition to my sisters adjoining cabin when we wish to during the voyage ?. For convenience we would have liked to have kept the key for our use during the voyage but I am suspecting that perhaps for security reasons the cabin steward wont wish to do that.

If you want the partition open you will have to ask your room steward and they will do it for you. You will not be allowed to have the key and open and close it as you wish.

You will love the connecting cabins! But you will have to ask the cabin steward to open the balcony partition at the beginning of the cruise. It will then be open for the rest of the cruise.

The steward will also close the outer hallway doors and activate the "hold opens" for your cabin doors. You can then leave the cabin doors open or give them a tug and close them whenever you want. The Seapasses for both cabins will unlock the outer hallway doors. It's really nice for parties traveling together. Enjoy!

Thanks for the replies. Gives 'food for thought' but in view of the points made I dont think we are likely to use the facility if we have to keep on asking the room steward to open and shut the partition for us a number of times during the day. I guessed their would likely be some reservation about leaving a key with us.

Thanks again for the information.

You don't need to keep asking the steward to open and close the balcony partition. It will be unlocked by the steward and then you can just push it to (it won't be locked) and open it up again when you want to (and even push a chair up against it) if you want more privacy.

We've done this before when we've had friends next door, and it works very well. Much better than going out into the corridor and use the door, when you can just nip round next door via the balcony!

We were on Eclipse in Feb travelling with another couple. The cabin steward opened the partition between the 2 cabins but they stayed that way. I doubt he would leave you the key.

You don't need to keep asking the steward to open and close the balcony partition. It will be unlocked by the steward and then you can just push it to (it won't be locked) and open it up again when you want to (and even push a chair up against it) if you want more privacy.

We've done this before when we've had friends next door, and it works very well. Much better than going out into the corridor and use the door, when you can just nip round next door via the balcony!

Oh!. Thats good news. Thats exactly what we want to do. I envisaged the partion self locking when it was closed requiring us to ask the room steward again to re-open it which would have become tedious without a key.

Clearly the occupants of both cabins want their privacy at times such as getting dressed etc etc and would probably like the partition closed but in view of the above that would be ideal. Thanks for that bit of information HomelessBear, you have made our day :).

Archived