Booked for Spirit of the Med 23/04/13

ClaireAnna81

Quite excited, all booked today for myself and my parents, had to do quite a bit of research before choosing, as my father is registered blind.

We had decided on Thomson because they fly out of Cardiff without a large upcharge, very reasonably priced and on the whole seems a less formal style of cruising.

Have been posting on the Thomson forum, I didn't realise this separate section existed until a friendly fellow passenger booked on the same cruise pointed me over here :D

Looking a suitable port stops the choice came down to I.E. or Dream in the Med, with the cabin upgrade offered and it being A.I. we chose I.E. and off we sail in a little over a month. :D

Helloooo Claire:) I just booked my shore excursions tonight,,a week tomorrow is sailaway for me!!

Hi Cappers, just wondered what you have planned for Toulon...? we know what we're doing for the other ports but can't decide between St Tropez and Aix en Provence - but probably will choose Aix. Wish we could do both :D

Have travelled extensively but never visited our nearest neighbour France.

Doing Aix Barny:) Always fancied it and saw Monty Don on a gardening programme the other week and he was raving about it and it looked sssoooo pretty. We're the same,,travelled all over but never really done France, been to Paris for the obligatory weekend, didn't think much to it. Really want to visit Carcassonne and the Languedoc as I'm a huge history buff and have read a lot about that area,,Cathars and Crusades and stuff.

Just had a funny memory,,when my son was 21 a couple of years ago we took him to Disneyland Paris for 3 days,,now bearing in mind we have been to the real Disneyland in Orlando 7 times we were expecting a lot more than we actually got:rolleyes: "have a nice day" in French France is not said with any sincerity whatsoever!

Helloooo Claire:) I just booked my shore excursions tonight,,a week tomorrow is sailaway for me!!

Hi Cappers, just wondered what you have planned for Toulon...? we know what we're doing for the other ports but can't decide between St Tropez and Aix en Provence - but probably will choose Aix. Wish we could do both :D

Have travelled extensively but never visited our nearest neighbour France.

I thought you were 23rd April also barnowl?

Have an awesome time Cappers looking forward to hearing all about it ;)

I haven't as an adult, did a Scandinavian one with my parents as a young child, don't really remember much apart from an awesome big troll with orange hair I got in Copenhagen. :D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Doing Aix Barny:) Always fancied it and saw Monty Don on a gardening programme the other week and he was raving about it and it looked sssoooo pretty. We're the same,,travelled all over but never really done France, been to Paris for the obligatory weekend, didn't think much to it. Really want to visit Carcassonne and the Languedoc as I'm a huge history buff and have read a lot about that area,,Cathars and Crusades and stuff.

Just had a funny memory,,when my son was 21 a couple of years ago we took him to Disneyland Paris for 3 days,,now bearing in mind we have been to the real Disneyland in Orlando 7 times we were expecting a lot more than we actually got:rolleyes: "have a nice day" in French France is not said with any sincerity whatsoever!

Have a great time next week Cappers, hope you will get to go to Carcassonne and Languedoc sometime in the future, just remembered one French city i've been to, Quebec City a few years ago, it's lovely there you would like it too :)

Anyone ever do roll calls for IE? If I started one where to put it? Thomson roll call thread? Can't wait to go :D already know barnowl will be on board also, would be cool to chat to others.

• 4 weeks later...
Have u ever been on the spirit before? If so what's it like? What's the weather like right now? Anyone know?

I haven't no, lostsa info on spirit in the Thomson section, weather seems pretty good, has been between 18-24 last week at the ports of the spirit of the med itinerary im doing on IE next week, seems a little cooler is predicted for this week tho, still a damn sight warmer than Wales :D

Ohhh don't know if you've seen it (could be a members video?)

this youtube video made up mums mind she wanted to cruise on this ship :D she loves the towels......lol

Hi ClaireAnna.

Thanks for posting that. Brings back happy memories.

Mo. :)

Pretty much ready. Im packed just last couple things sort tomorrow. I'm working this evening and doing double shift tomorrow, finish work 11pm then 3am tues head out for the airport. :D

Sure we'll have a great time ty barnowl :cool: We will be the group of 3 with the large man with the white stick ;)

Archived