Dubrovnik Ideas Needed

My husband and I will be visiting Dubrovnik for the fifth time in May. We've loved our visits - have walked the wall twice, explored the old city, taken the cable car ride, and have taken tours to Cavtat and the Konavle region. We're looking for something new to do this time - any ideas? I've read about Lokrum Island and want to investigate other possibilities as well.

Thanks in advance for your help! - Nancy

My husband and I will be visiting Dubrovnik for the fifth time in May. We've loved our visits - have walked the wall twice, explored the old city, taken the cable car ride, and have taken tours to Cavtat and the Konavle region. We're looking for something new to do this time - any ideas? I've read about Lokrum Island and want to investigate other possibilities as well.

Thanks in advance for your help! - Nancy

Depending on the length of time you have here, I would consider a car and driver to the Peljesac peninsula for wine tasting, about a 2 hour drive from Dubrovnik. Also there is the small town of Ston famous for oysters and salt flats, only a 1 hour trip. Ston is the half way point for Peljesac and it is possible to do both if you have enough time. Car and driver is a must!

Depending on the length of time you have here, I would consider a car and driver to the Peljesac peninsula for wine tasting, about a 2 hour drive from Dubrovnik. Also there is the small town of Ston famous for oysters and salt flats, only a 1 hour trip. Ston is the half way point for Peljesac and it is possible to do both if you have enough time. Car and driver is a must!

Thanks so much for your suggestions, Dubrovniktravelady. I'll start researching those as well as the possibility of getting a car and driver for the day.

In the beginning of May will we be able to use Euros then??

The simple answer is yes and no. Croatia will be admitted into the EU in JULY, this year. Changing from Croatian Kuna to the Euro for the country will take some time after that event.

As I have mentioned previously, in Dubrovnik it is hit or miss with Euros. All historical museums and the city wall will only accept Croatian Kuna. Privately owned shops may and the historical sites cannot and some restaurants may or may not. Up to you to ask first.

I believe I read that a credit card can be used at the entrance of the wall. Is that correct? Are credit cards accepted at the historical sites? The Buza bar?

I was thinking that I would get some Kuna either before or after taking the panorama tour which would drop us off at the wall. Is there an ATM near both locations? Any reason to utilize one over the other?

Thanks!

I believe I read that a credit card can be used at the entrance of the wall. Is that correct? Are credit cards accepted at the historical sites? The Buza bar?

I was thinking that I would get some Kuna either before or after taking the panorama tour which would drop us off at the wall. Is there an ATM near both locations? Any reason to utilize one over the other?

Thanks!

Credit cards are accepted for the city wall and cable car only. The historical sites and Monastery museums cannot. You will find many ATM machines in the old town and at the Pile entrance area. Buza bar is cash only.

Credit cards are accepted for the city wall and cable car only. The historical sites and Monastery museums cannot. You will find many ATM machines in the old town and at the Pile entrance area. Buza bar is cash only.

Thanks for the answers. I will do a search of this thread and look for the costs of the sites so I can figure out how much cash to get from the machine for here and Split.

Archived