Summit's Southern Caribbean Route

Sailing Grandma

Three years ago when we took this cruise on the Summit, Tobago was included. Now St. Thomas has been substituted. Cruise also goes to St. Croix, Dominica, St. Kitts, and Grenada.

Anyone know why Tobago was taken from the route? This was our favorite stop because it hadn't become so "touristy" yet.

Three years ago when we took this cruise on the Summit, Tobago was included. Now St. Thomas has been substituted. Cruise also goes to St. Croix, Dominica, St. Kitts, and Grenada.

Anyone know why Tobago was taken from the route? This was our favorite stop because it hadn't become so "touristy" yet.

Hi Sailing Grandma,

I've noticed that Celebrity has been adding more port calls at St Thomas. They've also added it to many of Eclipse's interaries this season. I have a feeling the answer has to do with $$$, as there's more port shopping & excursion oppurtunities available in St Thomas. Celebrity (and other Cruise lines) stand to make more money in the larger ports.

I've noticed that Celebrity has been adding more port calls at St Thomas. They've also added it to many of Eclipse's interaries this season. I have a feeling the answer has to do with $$$, as there's more port shopping & excursion oppurtunities available in St Thomas. Celebrity (and other Cruise lines) stand to make more money in the larger ports.

Thanks for your reply, Andy. I thought perhaps $$$ had something to do with it, though it is a shame because it was a nice port to visit.

Archived