Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

I wanted to rent a scooter, but my hubby doesn't want me to ride one in Key west, he says it's too crazy busy on the streets and doesn't want me to get hurt lol :o anyone have any issues with riding the scooters around town?

That would be great it you could send me some pictures. It would be very nice of you. My email is gbondgirl@comcast.net. Don't ask! I have had that email address for a very long time. HA HA! I hope you have a wonderful time.:D

Are you asking me for pics??? If so what is it that want pictures of

Oh no. Sorry! It was to qbanrican84.

She had replied to a couple of messages in one post and when I replied it only showed the one message. She is taking the same excursion in Ocho Rios that we want to take. She was going to share her pics with me. Sorry about that. I am a little challenged when it comes to replying to these things.

Brianna,

I have just finished reading the entire 19 pages of your review, in one sitting! I am stiff from sitting so long but have completely enjoyed every bit of it--especially your pics. They are wonderful. I also have a Panasonic Lumix and love it.

Friends and I were on the Freedom about 2 years ago about 3 weeks after I had knee surgery, and I still found it very manageable to get around. I loved the Serenity being in the front, and just found that size ship to be very nice.

I'm surprised you didn't show any pics of the Lady Liberty in Lido! I thought she was marvelous.

Thanks for the info on the Cayman boat with steps and the electric cars. They are being added to my "helpful hints for cruising" list.

Wishing you and your Dad a wonderful next cruise. Wish I could be booked on the Sunshine too.

LaRose :)

I'm am really enjoying your review. Next time we wind up in key west we will rent an electric car for sure. That looked like so much fun.

Your pictures are awesome.

Where did you get the ccl platinum picture for your avatar? I need one for my CC signature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just wanted you to know I read and enjoyed you whole review this evening.

Took a few notes for future reference.

We go to GC on or cruise this year, I've always wanted to swim with the stingrays again, but was worried about getting back on the boat since I've developed arthritis in my knees and hips. So happy to see your pics of the ccl excursion. Now that is in my to do list in November. :D. Thanks.

Where did you swim with the manatee?

Now I'm going to go find your legend review. I did a picture review on the legend in, 2005.

Thanks for the fun Sunday evening cruising with you and your dad.

Brianna,

I have just finished reading the entire 19 pages of your review, in one sitting! I am stiff from sitting so long but have completely enjoyed every bit of it--especially your pics. They are wonderful. I also have a Panasonic Lumix and love it.

Friends and I were on the Freedom about 2 years ago about 3 weeks after I had knee surgery, and I still found it very manageable to get around. I loved the Serenity being in the front, and just found that size ship to be very nice.

I'm surprised you didn't show any pics of the Lady Liberty in Lido! I thought she was marvelous.

Thanks for the info on the Cayman boat with steps and the electric cars. They are being added to my "helpful hints for cruising" list.

Wishing you and your Dad a wonderful next cruise. Wish I could be booked on the Sunshine too.

LaRose :)

Thank-You for reading my review. I'm happy that you enjoyed reading it. 19 pages in one sitting....that is dedication....haha :D

Yeah I didn't get a picture of Lady Liberty....and I am surprised of that too. I stopped to get a picture one day but there was a huge line to get dessert and you couldn't get near it. Oh well it gives me something to look forward to for our next cruise on the Carnival Freedom ;)

I'm am really enjoying your review. Next time we wind up in key west we will rent an electric car for sure. That looked like so much fun.

Your pictures are awesome.

Where did you get the ccl platinum picture for your avatar? I need one for my CC signature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yes renting an electric car is so much fun. Definitely rent from Sunshine Scooters.

For your platinum avatar picture, go to Google Images and type in VIFP Platinum and a bunch of images will come up. You just have to find a small one that will work :)

Just wanted you to know I read and enjoyed you whole review this evening.

Took a few notes for future reference.

We go to GC on or cruise this year, I've always wanted to swim with the stingrays again, but was worried about getting back on the boat since I've developed arthritis in my knees and hips. So happy to see your pics of the ccl excursion. Now that is in my to do list in November. :D. Thanks.

Where did you swim with the manatee?

Now I'm going to go find your legend review. I did a picture review on the legend in, 2005.

Thanks for the fun Sunday evening cruising with you and your dad.

Yes I highly recommend using MarineLand Tours for an excursion to Stingray City in Grand Cayman. They were wonderful and the boat was so convenient to get in and out of. We have already booked with them for December when we cruise on the Carnival Sunshine.

You swim with the manatees in Cozumel at Chankanaab Park through Dolphin Discovery. It was hands down the greatest excursion that we have ever done.....it was amazing :D :D :D We go back to Cozumel in December and we are doing that gain as well

Yes I highly recommend using MarineLand Tours for an excursion to Stingray City in Grand Cayman. They were wonderful and the boat was so convenient to get in and out of. We have already booked with them for December when we cruise on the Carnival Sunshine.

You swim with the manatees in Cozumel at Chankanaab Park through Dolphin Discovery. It was hands down the greatest excursion that we have ever done.....it was amazing :D :D :D We go back to Cozumel in December and we are doing that gain as well

Marineland tours for the stingrays...I found that on CCL website 59.99 it is the picture of the same boat you were on. I'm pretty sure I remember that you said you booked that one with CCL. correct?

I'll book the manatees direct with Chankanaab. That is where I did with my "royal" dolphin swim.. That was so amazing!!!!

We love the park too. We had lunch and spent the whole day there.

Edited by poptart

Marineland tours for the stingrays...I found that on CCL website 59.99 it is the picture of the same boat you were on. I'm pretty sure I remember that you said you booked that one with CCL. correct?

I'll book the manatees direct with Chankanaab. That is where I did with my "royal" dolphin swim.. That was so amazing!!!!

We love the park too. We had lunch and spent the whole day there.

Yes that was the boat that we used. It is the one that is used to go to Stingray City. Yes you have to purchase the excursion through Carnival. MarineLand doesn't accept direct reservations.

The manatees is booked through Dolphin Discovery.

I've read all four of your reviews over the last few days and they are wonderful!!! Thanks so much for the reviews! I love reading review even if they aren't ships I'm going to be on or ports I am going to just to get myself more excited about my cruises!!!!

I've read all four of your reviews over the last few days and they are wonderful!!! Thanks so much for the reviews! I love reading review even if they aren't ships I'm going to be on or ports I am going to just to get myself more excited about my cruises!!!!

I hope it may for some good reading ;) :p Thank-You for checking out my reviews. I am the same way....I enjoy reading photo reviews of all cruises not just the ones I am going on :)

Back to the review...sorry I have been gone for a few days my dad had a heart procedure yesterday but we are home today with the news we were hoping for so our prayers were answered :)

My dad and I are big NASCAR fans so we were really looking forward to our side trip to Daytona International Speedway for the All-Access tour. The tour lasted about 2 hours and it was wonderful because we were able to see the track in a way that all race fans should see

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida632_zps250f4115.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida636_zps650becff.jpg

I had to stop and get a picture of Dale Earnhardt's Daytona 500 victory plaque for my grandma. She was a huge NASCAR and Dale Earnhardt fan.

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida640_zps8ea089da.jpg

As you can see from my shirt I am a Danica Patrick fan. Her time will come to win a race

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida642_zps4825f136.jpg

Daytona 500 pace car

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida644_zps2722c363.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida648_zps5d5a785b.jpg

Does anyone know who drives this car??? ;)

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida650_zps85ab5c69.jpg

On the tram getting ready for the tour to begin

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida653_zps82e0633b.jpg

And there she is....THE WORLD CENTER OF RACING.....DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida654_zpsb391ac01.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida656_zps4dbfd2d5.jpg

You're starting to see how steep the banking is around the track

First, glad to hear that your Dad's procedure went well :)

Loving the after review too, got any more random pictures of the ship?

Thank-you....we were quite worried about his heart procedure but it all came out OK.

I'm done with pictures of the ship. I wish I had some more for ya.....hehe. I wanted to include pictures after our cruise as well

We never got off the ship in Ocho Rios for this sole reason. We were in Ocho Rios in 2007 and as we were leaving Dunn's River Falls the vendors continued to grab me and pull at me. I have no interest to get off the ship there.

I honestly don't think it's much better. We heard people coming back to the ship saying they wish they had stayed onboard

I heard the same thing when we stopped in Ocho Rios for our honeymoon. We decided to go to an all inclusive for the day at The Jewel at Dunns River. It was the best day of the cruise for us! And believe me... I'm not one to enjoy all of the pushy people. They picked us up inside the port. Drove us to the resort, and drove us back when we were done. It was a great day! Check it out next time you are in Ocho Rios.

Hi! My husband and I both read all of your review and loved it. It was very helpful!!

Based on your experiences with Sunshine Scooters, we are looking to book an electric car for four hours with them for our stop in Key West on the Freedom the week of November 24, 2013. How far in advance do you think I should contact them? I did not know if now is too soon. Please let me know what you think when you have a chance.

Thanks for everything!

I heard the same thing when we stopped in Ocho Rios for our honeymoon. We decided to go to an all inclusive for the day at The Jewel at Dunns River. It was the best day of the cruise for us! And believe me... I'm not one to enjoy all of the pushy people. They picked us up inside the port. Drove us to the resort, and drove us back when we were done. It was a great day! Check it out next time you are in Ocho Rios.

On our cruise in December we are going to Montego Bay so that is an option for us in Montego Bay. Thanks for that option :)

Hi! My husband and I both read all of your review and loved it. It was very helpful!!

Based on your experiences with Sunshine Scooters, we are looking to book an electric car for four hours with them for our stop in Key West on the Freedom the week of November 24, 2013. How far in advance do you think I should contact them? I did not know if now is too soon. Please let me know what you think when you have a chance.

Thanks for everything!

Thank-You so Much. I'm glad you liked them. I highly recommend using Sunshine Scooters....they were wonderful. No go ahead and call them now and make your reservation for your stop there in November. Tell them Brianna (wrigley80) sent you ;) :) :p Have a great time on your cruise