Distance from Berth to Town Centre

Redrufus

Juneau - Skagway - Ketchikan. What are the distances, please, between the ship's docking berths and the town centres/centres of interest?

[Apologies if this question has appeared before. This is my third attempt to send my second posting but I cannot find the first two anywhere. My first posting went through OK and was speedily answered.]

Skagway, town is approx 5 minute bus ride away by SMART bus. $1.50 the fare. buses run every 10 minutes. Fare to go past 8th Avenue is more expensive. Most shops are between 2nd and 7th Avenue. White Pass Yukon Railway stops right outside cruise berth.

Ketchikan, Ship berths are right in the city, you dock right in the heart of the town. Although Creek Street is approx 200 to 400 metre walk depending on where you berth.

Juneau, Town Ship (cnr of Ferry way & South Franklin St) 400 to 600 metre walk from berth. Closest berth would be approx 300 metre walk furthest berth approx 700 metres. Mt Roberts tramway is right outside of the ship berths. Local bases, MGT and Trolley car Company buses pick up from Cruise ship terminals.

Hope it helps

Traveller Mal

Some web sites will give you the location of your ship. Perhaps some poster can reference that?? Look at the visitor guide sites? Then with the specific site, better to tell you. But if you are the third ship back on the RR dock in Skagway you have a walk to get to the shuttle, they do not come past the ships. Creek St. is about 2+ blocks from the dock. There is a wide range of docking in Juneau, if at the AJ dock a free shuttle is available to downtown, you are over a mile away.

Sharkie, thanks for the website info. i went there.

There was no "key" so i still don't have any more information than the cruise line gives us.

it said for Juneau FKL

for Ketchikan 2 (i think I can understand that one. ha)

for Skagway RRF

Can anyone explain these letters? Thanks

Sharkie, thanks for the website info. i went there.

There was no "key" so i still don't have any more information than the cruise line gives us.

it said for Juneau FKL

for Ketchikan 2 (i think I can understand that one. ha)

for Skagway RRF

Can anyone explain these letters? Thanks

I had the same question when I first went to the web site, but then I realized that if you scroll down to the bottom of the screen there is a section called Schedule Guides. From there you can click on files that tell you what the abbreviations mean for the berths, ports and ships.

I had the same question when I first went to the web site, but then I realized that if you scroll down to the bottom of the screen there is a section called Schedule Guides. From there you can click on files that tell you what the abbreviations mean for the berths, ports and ships.

Thanks. I found it on the first page. I was looking at the end of the particular port listing. I'll pass the info on to people on our roll call.

Archived