Kayaking...Eagle Island or Tatoosh??

fourgadawgs

Anyone have any knowledge of kayaking in Ketchikan? We are trying to decide between Eagle Island (3.5 hr) tour at $90 and Tatoosh (4.5 hr) at $125 the times include transportation, fitting time, etc. Sounds like we'll have similar wildlife chances, the difference being an additional boat ride out to the Tatoosh site. I'm wondering if we'll be cutting ourselves short in Ketchikan with the longer tour (we leave port at 4)? No time to really walk around.

Thanks for any input...

fourgadawgs :o

I have been to Orca's Cove and Tatoosh as well as kayaking up Creek St. Have no idea what "Eagle Island" is??

Going for longer is superior. Be very prepared, none of these are "wildlife" tours and don't expect any. Eagles are seen, but they are easily seen all over Ketchikan. People get excited on the kayak trips, seeing the starfish and other "stuff" that attaches to the rocks- BUT these are easily seen for free, just by walking along the marina at low tide- loads of it.

Last few times, my tour choice was based on coupon offers.

Archived