Legend /Pride /Spirit

DR John

Aside from the Legend only having single sinks in the bathrooms of the suites what other differences exist between the 3 ships?

Also does anyone know who the captain is aboard the Legend now? Also the cruise director? Bartender at the Skybar? etc.

We are sailing Jul 3 -10.

Thanks

There are really no perceptible differeneces other than the single sink, and the fact that the block-out shades are operated manually (the Spirit and Pride are electric).

During your sailing, you will have Capt. Thue-Nilsen, and Eric de Gray as your CD. You're in for a treat! Have a great time.

Denyse

Eric was a Canadian champion ice skater, as well.....

I just received an e-mail from him this morning......his parents are on board this week and he is very, very happy! His Mother, Marion, is an accomplished pianist and plays for him during his show when she's on board. A great family!

Eric, I've always said, is "better than Tommy Tune and TALLER!"

Martita

Dr. John~~Just had an e-mail from the Legend.....Capt. Karlo Buer is aboard now, but as as Denyse posted, Capt. Thue-Nilsen will be returning.

As to the Hotel Manager, Norbert Fuchs is on now and will be replaced by Guy Sharp, who is on the Pride at present.

Happy Trails and Sails to you!

M.

This may or may not be trivial, but on the Pride, on Deck 7 by the Salon and Spa, there are ladies' and men's rooms in the passageway. One the Legend, one has to go inside to use the lavs. But then, there is a banquette there for sitting instead.

Jane

Denyse have you been at the champagne again????? The blinds have been removed during this last year and all the curtains have blackout linings now. We first noticed it in March 2004, so don't worry Matt, you did not miss anything as they were not there for you to see.

Also as far as we are aware Gunter (??spelling) was going back to the Spirit, he was only on Legend to cover for Guy Sharp.

More spot the differences:

Legend has a marble tiled floor in the Verandah and Pride has a wooden one.

On Pride you can stand outside the Library and look through glass windows to see into the pool below the water level, on the other two you can't. Won't catch me in the pool on Pride!!!!

Kathryn

Matt, you did not miss anything as they were not there for you to see.

Kathryn - thanks for the clarification - I was beyond confused and convinced that I need to cut back on the Champ myself if I missed black-out screens on the window!

Kathryn,

You have pointed out my worst nightmare on the Pride. That dreaded window looking into the pool.

Although after a couple of mojitos at the skybar I could be coaxed to re-enact the movie free willy. :eek: :eek:

That window couldn't make anyone look good in the pool.

mcboo:) :)

My dear Kathryn,

I'm sorry to say I have not been at the champagne again, but will remedy that momentarily!!! (Sipping noise....). ;-) Guess I was remembering the black-out shades from prior years! I don't think I operated the draperies at all on this last crossing (but I do remember lots of champagne...).

The other difference on the Legend that I have always liked are the vertical trim bars on the exterior, giving it a sleek look when viewed from afar. There also used to be a glass underwater viewing area on the bottom decks of the Pride and Spirit, but if memory serves me correctly, those have been removed.

Cheers!

Denyse

"Although after a couple of mojitos at the skybar I could be coaxed to re-enact the movie free willy."

mcboo!!!!!!!!

That adds a new meaning to the term "Seabourn Experience" :D

Never mind "movies under the stars" it will be "movies under the water".

I was just wondering though what category the film would come under, maybe it would be like the original, a tearjerker, or it could be a comedy or maybe even a THRILLER :eek:

Denyse

OOh I can taste that Champagne across the pond :p

What you make your poor overworked stewardess do for you!!! Opening your drapes??? Isn't that what husbands are for? ;)

For once I agree with you :rolleyes: the bars down the side of the Legend do give it that little extra something! When we saw Legend and Pride next to each other in Seville it really stood out.

Kathryn

Archived